Talk

Advanced search

What sounds better?

(11 Posts)
Annakin31 Mon 17-Oct-11 13:58:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Claragoesbumpsinthenight Mon 17-Oct-11 14:03:57

I love Rory..lots of Callums where i am..in scotland too.. I LOVE Flora, I'm not so keen on Elspeth..I know an Elspeth and she gets called The Speth as El is Spanish for the. (?) What about Maisie or Effie?I love traditional Scottish names..My two are calles Louis and Alexander(Sandy) and if I had another boy he would have been Angus.

nothingoldcanstay Mon 17-Oct-11 14:05:06

Think Elspeth goes very well with Eilidh but too much with Jennifer. Perhaps another "a" sounding name if you have to have Jennifer?
Are you actually serious about the boys name?

Fixture Mon 17-Oct-11 17:21:23

Marsaili looks a pretty name, but how is it pronounced?

Elspeth too similar to Eilidh.

Catriona and Flora - not sure they go with Jennifer as the endings are too similar (although probably sounds better with a Scottish accent!)

Prefer Callum to Rory, both are fine though.

Jennifer is lovely - not v fond of the others and Catriona is a name that I really dislike, sorry. Prefer Callum to Rory.

dearheart Mon 17-Oct-11 19:55:41

Elspeth is a great name. I like Flora too.

Annakin31 Tue 18-Oct-11 10:38:23

Annakin31 Tue 18-Oct-11 10:38:54

Fixture Tue 18-Oct-11 10:52:22

Ethel does sound quite old-fashioned. How about Edith, with Edie for short?

I like the name Marcy. Would you consider using the Marcie/Marcy spelling to avoid people like me asking about pronounciation all the time?

babycandance Tue 18-Oct-11 13:09:05

I don't think Elspeth and Eilidh are too similar, as the Es are pronounced differently.

spookshowangellovesit Tue 18-Oct-11 13:30:27

flora just makes me think of marge i'm afraid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now