Talk

Advanced search

Sophie and Joseph - too similar?

(6 Posts)
IzzyWizzyletsgetbusy Wed 12-Oct-11 18:33:12

Posted on here a few weeks ago about potential boys names for dc3 (sex unknown!) and got lots of feedback on Harry or Henry.

With just over 6 weeks to go, I still like Harry (Henry less so) but am not sure that I love it iykwim?

Another name that was top of the list when DD (DC2) was born is Joseph and now I keep coming back to it again.

My concern is that DD is a Sophie and I can't help wondering if Sophie and Joseph sound too similar - they're almost the same collection of letters. DH thinks I'm mad and they're in no way the same grin. What do you think?

Also, any thoughts on Joseph v Harry? If it helps, mn will probably be Felix or Benedict (DH has vetoed both as a first name before anyone suggests it!) and DC1 is Isaac.

stripygiraffe Wed 12-Oct-11 19:29:29

I think it's fine and Joseph goes better with Issac than Harry does.

Hulababy Wed 12-Oct-11 19:34:27

Joseph is a lovely name and doesn't sound too similar to Sophie at all.

MangoMonster Wed 12-Oct-11 19:38:38

Think they are both lovely, not similar at all.

pilates Wed 12-Oct-11 20:39:02

I like both names, sorry not much help am I.

Both sound great with Sophie.

Northernrose Wed 12-Oct-11 21:39:50

izzy I've been pondering this too recently! love the same Joseph and we have a Sophia. I think Isaac, Sophie and Joseph sound great together. Much prefer Joseph to Harry personally. Middle names - I'd go Benedict with Joseph..Joseph Felix has two 'f' sounds which kind of run into each other iykwim..

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now