Talk

Advanced search

need some inspiration please

(6 Posts)
mrsmummy84 Tue 11-Oct-11 10:07:39

Expecting DC1 in December (unknown gender) and DH and I would like something classic, I don't mind old fashioned or unusual, and something that's not popular at the moment. We'd also quite like something 'festive' that we could use as a middle name.

So far we have

Sophie/ia Alice (but Sophie is too high in the popularity steaks really)

Joseph Francis (family names)

Any alternative ideas please?

RIZZ0 Tue 11-Oct-11 10:19:13

Congratulations!

Sophia and Alice are both lovely, yes they are popular but still in a classic way, not a faddy way. Beatrice is nice too and Bea is a lovely nickname.

I prefer Joseph to Francis.

One of my favourite boys names (which could be seen as festive) is Rudy. Others that could have a festive/religious feel for boys are Noah, Christian and Gabriel.

For girls, Holly is the obvious one I suppose!

I also like:
Nathan
Adam
Daniel

Annabelle
Felicity
Mabel
Pearl
Martha
Rosemary

Fifis25StottieCakes Tue 11-Oct-11 10:22:09

Ethne grin, i was never allowed to se it for my DD's sad

Fifis25StottieCakes Tue 11-Oct-11 10:22:42

boys name Mac

allieballiebee Tue 11-Oct-11 11:13:12

Near me Sophie/a seems to be the most popular girls name. 5 Sophias in my dd's class and a Sophie too. It is a lovely name hence it's popularity.

Festive names - Eve, Holly, Mary, Gabriel, Joseph, Noel

mrsmummy84 Tue 11-Oct-11 11:51:07

Rizzo - thanks! Mabel was actually DH's grandmothers name, although I'm not sure about it. I do like Martha though! and I LOVE Noah for a boy (DH doesn't!), and I'm not sure we can get away with Christian since we're living in a ME country at the moment!

fifi - Mac like in CSI NY guilty embarassing secret crush ?! Yes please! grin

allieb - 5 Sopias in one class?! YIKES! Love Eve and Gabriel. DH vetoed Evelyn (nn Eve) though sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now