What do you think?

Leora
Sylvia
Cordelia
Daphne

CandiceMariePratt Sun 09-Oct-11 12:31:53

Love Daphne

TidyDancer Sun 09-Oct-11 12:32:11

I quite like Cordelia, Leora looks....unfinished. Like it should be Leona or Leonora or something like that! Not keen at all on Sylvia or Daphne, they are trying to be old lady chic, but missing the chic part to me.

ShroudOfHamsters Sun 09-Oct-11 12:45:24

Cordelia or Sylvia, or better still Sylvie

pickyourownifyouplease Sun 09-Oct-11 12:58:03

Leora I really like
Sylvia I can't stand
Cordelia is okay but I love poss nn
Daphne is alright just reminds me of scooby do

Wurg Sun 09-Oct-11 13:02:40

Leora - agree that it sounds unfinished
Sylvia I LOVE. Maybe because I had an Aunt Sylv and she was a right larf.
Cordelia is quite popular round my way now.
I love Daphne but worry it would be nn'd to Dappy or Daffy.

AgathaPinchBottom Sun 09-Oct-11 13:21:02

Love cordelia and Sylvia coz they make me think of King Lear and Sylvia Plath (my favourite play and one of my favourite poets). Both great names. Daphne is v cool. V unusual too. Not sure about Leora tho.

tammytoby Sun 09-Oct-11 13:24:07

Love Sylvia and Leora. Cordelia is nice too.

Don't like Daphne at all, sorry (the Daff part isn't nice)

CurwySwide Sun 09-Oct-11 13:54:23

Love Sylvia - more so Sylvie

Don't really like the others - think Leora will get mistaken for Laura; Cordelia too prim and fussy, and Daphne just doesn't sound nice. Sorry

pilates Sun 09-Oct-11 15:25:07

Sorry not keen on any of them.

MrsBranning Sun 09-Oct-11 17:19:15

Sylvia is beautiful

Fixture Sun 09-Oct-11 19:19:01

I like Sylvia and Daphne smile

Leora sounds incomplete, Cordelia too prim-sounding.

Levana Sun 09-Oct-11 19:51:07

Sylvia is gorgeous and Sylvie is a nice nn.
Daphne sounds daft, I can't take to it at all.
Leora does seem incomplete.
Cordelia is ok, less glam than the rest.

dearheart Sun 09-Oct-11 20:22:55

I have suddenly warmed to Sylvia - it is pretty. Hate Daphne. Really really like Cordelia (though it's quite posh). I know a Leora and think it is a lovely name but do remember finding it odd when I first heard about it - it's distinctive and feminine, i think. Leonie and Leonora are also both beautiful names.

mathanxiety Sun 09-Oct-11 21:31:02

Sylvia and Daphne are lovely imo. Cordelia is ok but Delia is nicer. Leora is a bit odd.

33goingon64 Sun 09-Oct-11 22:18:25

Is Leora actually a real name? Don't like it. Not keen on Daphne either. Cordelia sounds like a priggish little swot (sorry) so that leaves Sylvia, which I like.

IcouldbutthenIcouldnot Tue 11-Oct-11 00:41:38

I went to school with a Leora she was from Israel. means My Light in hebrew but apparantly (from the net) it is also a greek name ' Leora is also a female given name of Greek origin and means "compassion" or "light". It is a diminutive form of the name Eleanor.' Either way i like it

Cordelia is alright but love options of Cora or Cory as nn

Daphne is nothing special

Sylvia is alright prefer Sybil though (think that might be downtown influence)

jade80 Tue 11-Oct-11 00:52:20

Don't really like any, Daphne less awful than the other IMO. Sylvia and Cordelia just grate a bit, sound like the owner of the name would be a bit princessy. Leora I've never heard before- maybe I'd grow to like it! Agree with above poster's 'priggish little swot' comment!

FootballFriendSays Tue 11-Oct-11 01:02:07

I love Sylvia - have one too smile She's 6, sometimes nn Sylv but mostly still Sylvie.

Fifis25StottieCakes Tue 11-Oct-11 11:26:09

Sylvia smile

Ephiny Tue 11-Oct-11 11:44:31

I haven't heard of Leora before, but it's really quite a pretty, elegant name now I think about it, and I've always liked Leona/Leonie as well which are a similar sound. This would probably be my first choice out of the ones you mention. Cordelia is good as well.

Not keen on Daphne, just sounds a bit wet, not a very strong name, and I agree the 'daff' sound isn't nice. Don't personally like the sound of Sylvia for some reason but that's probably just me!

tommyfools Wed 12-Oct-11 23:04:29

Leora I think is a grow-er
Sylvia I don't like
Cordelia sounds uber stuck up
Daphne is nice

between Leora and Daphne

chickydoo Wed 12-Oct-11 23:11:43

Cordelia is beautiful, especially for a 3rd daughter.
King Lear's youngest was Cordelia (most loved etc etc) nice and historical in a sheakspearian way.
I have an auntie Daphne....hideous!
Leora....sounds made up
Sylvia....have a friend with same name, very middle aged

MmeLindor. Wed 12-Oct-11 23:12:48

Daphne Daphne Daphne

And Cordelia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now