Talk

Advanced search

Naming dilemma - feedback on shortlist for DC3, please!

(13 Posts)
tiredchocoholic Sun 09-Oct-11 10:45:43

Hi everyone,
I would greatly appreciate feedback on the following shortlisted options, please - or even a few more suggestions!

We already have a DD called Ella and a DS named Seth.

GIRLS
Annie Florence
Annie Maeve
Lydia Florence
Lydia Iris
Lydia Eloise
Florence Eloise

BOYS
Arthur Sidney James
Arthur Sidney Louis
Arthur Sidney Kemp
Wilfred (mn?)
Gilbert (mn?)

Nb- Arthur & Sidney are both family names. Our surname begins with S so I thought it wise to have an extra middle name if we went with Arthur Sydney, purely to avoid initials of ASS!! Kemp is my maiden name.

Many thanks in advance

MrsBranning Sun 09-Oct-11 10:52:54

Your girls names are gorgeous. I love Annie with either of the middle names. Maeve is a beautiful name.

Of your boys names, I like Gilbert best. Quirky and unusual and Gil or Bertie are sweet. Arthur is nice, but not with Sidney James as middle names. Too 'Carry On'!

pilates Sun 09-Oct-11 11:28:38

Arthur Sydney James and Annie Florence or Lydia Florence are my favourites.

Ihavewelliesbutitssunny Sun 09-Oct-11 13:42:42

I really like

Annie Florence and Annie Maeve but feel that Annie needs a more solid fn behind it Anna/Anne/Annabel

Lydia Florence is great

Really like
Arthur Sidney James or Arthur Sidney Kemp

TidyDancer Sun 09-Oct-11 14:08:57

Lydia Iris is the nicest of your girls names. Annie is okay, but not strong enough as a standalone, still feels like a nn.

Would you consider James Louis, or Louis James for a boy? Not keen on Arthur or Sidney at all.

AgathaPinchBottom Sun 09-Oct-11 14:17:09

Love all your names! Looks like my list! I already have a Stanley Arthur!

baskingseals Sun 09-Oct-11 14:22:36

love Lydia Iris

and Wilfred - Wilf is a great nickname

Theas18 Sun 09-Oct-11 16:16:50

Arthur sidney james looks like a tribute to the late comedy actor Sid James but that may just be me that sees it.

Love florence, Maeve, Lydia and Eloise.

My favourite combo would be Eloise Maeve. Of the ones you've listed I loke Florence Eloise best.

Only like Wilfred from the boys' list.

Wilfred Asher
Wilfred Terence
Wilfred Christopher
Wilfred Philip
Wilfred Gregory

Not liking Kemp as a forename at all, sorry.

tiredchocoholic Sun 09-Oct-11 19:48:34

Thanks for feedback, everyone. Must admit, I hadn't even thought about the whole 'Sid James' thing, so you have potentially spared a DC from endless ridicule....phew! Thank goodness for MN!

Hulababy Sun 09-Oct-11 19:54:18

I love Florence.
Annie is also nice.
Less keen on Lydia.

Re, biys, I like Arthur best.
Less keen on other two but think I prefer Wilfred (nn Wil or Fred are both good) to Gilbert.

ShroudOfHamsters Sun 09-Oct-11 21:13:17

Annie Maeve or Annie Florence... but short for Anna if possible! Maeve has the edge, Florence vv popular right now.

Gilbert Arthur, with Sidney as 3rd mn if you have to please all the family!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now