Talk

Advanced search

Help with shortlist boy's name

(15 Posts)
Dutchie77 Sun 09-Oct-11 08:45:08

We are still undecided for a boys name. I reaaaaallly like Ollie (Oliver), but DP doesn't like it as much as I do.

So we have a short list:

Eli
Elliot
Ewan
Zane

I still like Ollie better above all these. Maybe a first and second name would be a solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks you!

ShroudOfHamsters Sun 09-Oct-11 09:51:06

Ollie is better than all those, yes!

Ewan's the best of the others. Don't like Eli - sounds very whiny to me. Zane is terrible!

How about Oscar? Or if you like 'L' sounds in there, Dylan?

Suckstobeme Sun 09-Oct-11 09:54:39

I love Elliot

pilates Sun 09-Oct-11 11:19:16

I have to agree with you, Oliver a million times better than your other choice of names which are awful (sorry).

rachel234 Sun 09-Oct-11 11:55:15

Sorry to disagree but I think Ollie is very dull - and I know so many Olivers/Ollies already (I think it was THE most popular boys name last year).

I think Elliot, Elijah or Zane are much nicer (and less widely used already).

Dutchie77 Sun 09-Oct-11 12:28:10

Oscar makes me think of the green puppet from Sesame Street and Dylan of Beverly Hills 90210 LOL. But thanks.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Ihavewelliesbutitssunny Sun 09-Oct-11 13:23:35

Oliver is better than all your other ideas. Although it is quite popular. Other similar names

William
Samuel
Benjamin

Although these are also quite popular

tammytoby Sun 09-Oct-11 13:26:13

I like Elijah and Elliot. Zane is also nice, what about Zubin? Or Zeb?

Oliver is very, very widely used already - that would put me off, sorry. And I also think of Oscar from Sesame Street smile.

Oliver far and away the best imho - not fond of Ollie though. Have taught too many irritating Zanes and don't like the sound of it either.

jaggythistle Sun 09-Oct-11 13:30:49

i like Elliot too, my DH not impressed with it as a possibility for dc2 though. sad

also quite like Ewan.

Oliver not really my cup of tea so might not have your taste though!

comedaygoday Sun 09-Oct-11 15:22:14

I like Eli and Ewan is ok. Don't really like Elliot, sounds a weak name to me. Also not keen on Zane, too trendy sounding for my traditional tastes.

Kaekae Sun 09-Oct-11 16:33:39

I have an Oliver so of course I love it, he is never called Ollie though. Its become SO popular, when I named my son four years ago I never really used to come across any Oliver's. However, now at parks and theme parks they are everywhere! We have that instant reaction to turn around when someone yells it so becomes a little annoying when we hear it every other minute. Still a lovely name though and I haven't gone off the way it sounds at all.... but I guess if it were me now I would probably go for something else. Elliot is the only other one to my taste on your list.

Fixture Sun 09-Oct-11 19:20:59

I like Elliot and Eli. How about Elias, and you could have Eli for short?

m1nn1em0u5e Sun 09-Oct-11 20:14:15

I have an Ellis, & I have only heard of 1 other....

Dutchie77 Wed 19-Oct-11 15:34:10

Okay new name in short list: Tim. Surname starts with a T as well, so I think Tim Eli T.... sounds pretty good! smile

And it's an international name. Very easy for the German and Dutch granddads and grandmothers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now