Talk

Advanced search

Help me choose a sibling for Sophie!

(10 Posts)
usingapseudonym Fri 07-Oct-11 21:01:30

We have a Sophie already (I had no idea it was going to get SO popular in the lists, although we have only met one other around here.)

We think we have another girl and are veering between...

Beatrice - both like this but wondering if it is a bit odd to pair with Sophie. Like all the nn. Would be seen as unusual in our area probably.

Catherine - but don't like Cathy as a nn! Don't mind Cat or Katie or frin though. Like Kitty but don't know if you can do that if you have a "C" Catherine.

Charlotte - quite like Lotte as a nn. Close friend where we used to live has this though. Don't like "charlie".

Katie. Bit boring though? But goes well with Sophie.

Any thoughts or any other ideas? Thankyou smile

mogandthecat Fri 07-Oct-11 21:08:24

I think Sophie and Beatrice go fine together - they are both nice, slightly old fashioned traditional names, even if Sophie has become more popular recently. If you both like it I'd go for it!
Catherine - nice, like nickname Kitty best and goes well with Sophie. Why can't you spell it Katharine/Katherine?
Charlotte - pretty, maybe best match with Sophie, quite popular. Depends whether you think it would be an issue for your friend (and whether this matters!)
Katie - I find a bit boring too, Sophie is much nicer.

LittleWhiteWereWolf Fri 07-Oct-11 21:16:55

I like Charlotte (tis my name!) When I was at school I had a friend called Sophie so I know the names sound good together. Although usually I heard it in the context of "Charlotte and Sophie, please continue your conversation AFTER class." blush

Of those 4 names though Beatrice is my favourite.

Fixture Fri 07-Oct-11 21:38:30

Katherine/Katie or Charlotte go nicely with Sophie.

MelinaM Fri 07-Oct-11 21:39:47

Don't worry about names 'going together' just go with what you love!

Beatrice is lovely, as is Catherine, and yes you can use Kitty with the 'C' spellingsmile

Like Charlotte too, not fan of Lottie though.

mumofbumblebea Fri 07-Oct-11 21:47:04

i'm a Charlotte nn Lottie. i think it goes very well with Sophie. DD is Beatrice (you have great taste in names btw) nn Bea. if that's the name you love go for it, i think Beatrice and Sophie sounds a bit french smile not keen on Katie by itself, Catherine is growing on me, considering it as a middle name for bump (if it's a girl obviously)

pilates Sun 09-Oct-11 15:28:35

I think Sophie and Beatrice sounds very nice together.

Also like your other names, but prefer Kate to Katie.

MonsterBookOfHorrors Sun 09-Oct-11 15:31:12

I like Beatrice.
I have a Sophie and an Archie smile

usingapseudonym Sun 09-Oct-11 18:31:30

Thanks everyone. I think I'm leaning towards Beatrice and husband towards Charlotte so we might have a fight on our hands ;)

I like Archie too smile

newmumma Sun 09-Oct-11 19:59:25

Beatrice!! It would be on my list if it wasn't my niece's name. Lovely and goes really well with Sophie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now