Talk

Advanced search

cousin's grandchild

(13 Posts)
pranma Wed 05-Oct-11 19:47:28

Recently our family was joined by Imogen Rose[a very pretty name I think] however there is another little girl recently born.....Araminta Jane[nn Minty].
What do you think of that folks?

thisisyesterday Wed 05-Oct-11 19:48:48

both lovely names

birdofparadise Wed 05-Oct-11 19:49:43

Both lovely names. Personally I prefer Araminta to imogen as it is more feminine, and has a nice shortening, but both are great names. Why do you ask?

NatashaBee Wed 05-Oct-11 19:50:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pranma Wed 05-Oct-11 19:55:08

I was just curious as I hadnt heard Araminta before and I rather like it.My cousin is granny to both babies and reaaly doesnt like either name so I offered to seek opinions on here.Imogen is now 6 months old and Araminta is newborn.My cousin is mum to Imogen's mum and araminta's dad smile

ShroudOfHamsters Thu 06-Oct-11 09:23:40

Two very nice names with cute nicknames - hope your cousin hasn't been crass enough to let the parents know she does not like the names! 'Oh how lovely' is always the only mannerly response smile

Rhubarbgarden Thu 06-Oct-11 09:37:57

I love Araminta.

AlmaMartyr Thu 06-Oct-11 09:50:13

I love the name Araminta and the NN Minty. Imogen is lovely too.

mopsyflopsy Thu 06-Oct-11 10:49:12

I don't understand the question, op hmm.

You've had two new relations, one named Imogen and the other Araminta. So what? Are you interested in how WE find the names? Does it really matter?

(personally I love Aramaminta but find Imogen really harsh and unfeminine - but that is MY tastes - what matters is that the girls' parents love their choices!!)

mopsyflopsy Thu 06-Oct-11 10:49:55

sorry, Araminta (not Aramaminta blush)

bigbluebump Thu 06-Oct-11 10:52:39

Both fine names imo - I personally prefer Araminta, but agree that the main thing is that the parents love the names they chose.

pilates Thu 06-Oct-11 10:57:24

Both lovely names IMO

Particularly like the nn Minty.

evamummy Thu 06-Oct-11 11:06:31

I don't really like commenting on babies' names that are already born, but if you insist on our opinions, then I'm not keen on Imogen but quite like Araminta.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now