Talk

Advanced search

Chloe or Isobel?!? Popular girls names in your area...

(53 Posts)
Capitaltrixie Wed 28-Sep-11 16:23:35

Hi there, I'm currently 32 wks pregnant with DD2. I love both of these names but am definitely put off by their popularity (less so Chloe these days??) so...was wondering what are the most popular baby girls names in your area? Does it tend to be Evie/Ava Millie/Molly/Freya? DD1 has a name in the top 20 which is rising and we'd prefer to choose a name that isn't too popular. DH loves Chloe and I'm really not sure if we don't go with either of those! Love Elizabeth for a MN
Thanks! smile

StrandedBear Wed 28-Sep-11 16:55:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pommedechocolat Wed 28-Sep-11 16:56:43

Ava is the most popular name here closely followed by Isobel/Isabelle/a in all its many forms.

I like Chloe too but top ten would make me stop and make sure I really LOVED it before using it.

pinkhebe Wed 28-Sep-11 16:58:00

I don't know any Chloes's but loads of Isobels/Molly/Freya/evie/ellie/ella's

MerryMagdalene Wed 28-Sep-11 16:58:07

Isobel is incredibly popular where I am. Chloe less so.

rusmum Wed 28-Sep-11 17:10:46

isolel/lle/la, lily, millie

meditrina Wed 28-Sep-11 17:20:46

There aren't that many Isabel/las round here. Nor Chloes. But simply oodles of Sophie/Sophia/Sofias and Hannahs. Plus a lot of Ellie and Evie names.

comedaygoday Wed 28-Sep-11 17:41:16

I know one Chloe and one Isabel , both aged 4. Most popular pre-school namea for girls here are Lily and Ava.

MrsJohnDeere Wed 28-Sep-11 17:44:22

In know a few Isabels (and variants on this) but no Chloes. The most popular girls names here are Ava, Millie, Daisy, Evie, Ella.

Capitaltrixie Wed 28-Sep-11 17:55:44

Thanks everyone! that's great. Leaning towards Chloe as we both love it like you StrandedBear! (and reassuring to know there may not be lots in the same year..). Have noticed that there are lots of Avas, Isobel/Isabel/Isabelles, Sophie/Sophias round here too.

Meteorite Wed 28-Sep-11 19:16:54

Evie/Millie/Molly/Freya/Isabel seem popular. I don't know any baby Chloes (lovely name BTW).

Capitaltrixie Wed 28-Sep-11 20:42:47

Thanks Meterorite, really love it smile
I don't know any baby Chloes either, weird if it's supposed to be in the top 10 (that was last years stats though..)

lurkinginthebackground Wed 28-Sep-11 23:24:38

I don't think there are lots of very young Chloes, although I do know a lot of older girls (8 years plus) called Chloe.

SlinkingOutsideInSocks Thu 29-Sep-11 02:56:02

I know of a 2-YO Chloe and a nearly 1-YO Chloe. No Isobels well, except for my good self.

mogandthecat Thu 29-Sep-11 08:06:28

Every second child around here seems to be called Isabel/la. Also Amelia. I am also surprised Chloe is in top 10 as have not encountered many at all - although do know of 3 little Chloes aged between 1 and 3 (nothing compared to the hordes of Isabel/las)!
I think Chloe was extremely popular about 10 years ago.

cutandpaster Thu 29-Sep-11 08:12:08

Loads of Chloes and Sophies at school. Has Helen disappeared? I have a Helen and she seems to be the only one. (14)

jellybeans Thu 29-Sep-11 09:13:22

Chloe is popular but not as much as it was here (loads of secondary age). Isabelle is extremely well used. The most popular though has to be Evie/Eva/Ava/Ellie/Ella/Grace/Millie.

lillypie Thu 29-Sep-11 09:20:04

My dd is the only Isobel in the reception year at her school but there are four Chloe's.Also a few Emma's and Poppy's.

There is also a Sharon - don't hear that so much nowadays grin

chocoroo Thu 29-Sep-11 09:20:17

I haven't met a Chloe under the age of 10 tbh. Also have only come across one Ava and one Evie.

Gazzilions of Isobel variants round this way, hotly followed by Sophie/a's. I also know 4 baby Florence's and 3 Connie's which must surely just be a quirk.

lillypie Thu 29-Sep-11 09:20:32

oops grin

MurunBuchstansangur Thu 29-Sep-11 09:22:56

No Chloes round here. 

There are  ton of Evies and Isobels and Sophies.

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Thu 29-Sep-11 09:25:25

I know lots of Izzie's, Ellie's and Evie's.

But I have an Amelia so clearly popularity doesn't put me off. Chloe is lovely - if you love it go for it

HoHoLaughingMonster Thu 29-Sep-11 09:42:45

Yep billions of

Isabel / Isabelle / Isobel / Isabella
Ava
Lily
Freya
Amelia

Chloe's tend to popular in older children, I don't know any baby Chloe's. 

stressheaderic Thu 29-Sep-11 09:48:34

Ava and Lily everywhere here too (north west), literally every other girl.

I chose a name I liked as one of my students (high school) was called it, which means it's a bit out of date, it was everywhere 12ish years ago, but it's not so popular now which has worked out well as I still love it!

othersideofchannel Thu 29-Sep-11 10:05:05

Lots of Isabel/lles and Chloes around here. It might be worth looking at the ONS statistics, I think they have a regional breakdown too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now