Talk

Advanced search

Struggling with boys names and starting to panic a little.

(8 Posts)
lildeg Sun 25-Sep-11 17:43:09

everyone's commenting that we don't have any names, they either shocked by it or that were lying and just don't want to share.
We have talked about it but just can't love anything.
Our ds is Scott and our dd is Maria.
Scott suggested Logan, I like this but he picked it so they could be Cyclops and Wolverine. It's put me off a little, I'm not really a sci-fi comic book fan.
I like Declan but I know I couldn't stop it being shortened to Deccy by the family without really stamping my feet each time. I do like Deccy but he would sound like a n-dubz type rapper with our surname.
Benidict for birth certificate, christening ect and Ben for general use.
Eli
Isaac
Bastian has been vetoed by dh as it sounds like bastard, but Sebastian is ok.

Any help and opinions would be great

Thanks

themightyskim Sun 25-Sep-11 17:45:12

I like Logan, nice scottish name, not at all fons of sebastian or any derivatives I just think its a very popular name at the moment so your likely to have a few in his class, Ben, Isaac and Eli are al nice though, probably like Isaac the most smile

lildeg Sun 25-Sep-11 18:05:38

Isaac would be another 5 letter name too, that might be a nice link.

scarlettlips Sun 25-Sep-11 18:28:11

grin at your DS suggestion...very sweet.

I like Logan, what about Lachlan?

Sorry but I don't really like your other names, other than Ben.

Meteorite Sun 25-Sep-11 19:05:28

I like Benedict/Ben, Eli and Isaac.

How about Elias with Eli for short? Or Jacob, David, Edwin, Jared, Maxim, Henry (all 5 letters)?

sonniebonnie Mon 26-Sep-11 08:48:11

I like Logan and think it goes well with Scott and Maria.

The problem with long names like Sebastian is that it will likely get shortened - personally I'm not keen on Seb, Sebby, Basty etc.

Nightstar Mon 26-Sep-11 14:42:38

I think Scott and Logan is Fabulous! What a cool kid you have

lildeg Mon 26-Sep-11 16:07:19

His other suggestion is Bruce with the middle name Wayne smile so that's batman and Wayne Rooney paid homage to in one fell swoop.

I don't know how people pick a name before they've met baby, I just can't do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now