tummytickler Sat 24-Sep-11 09:43:32

Jane
Joan
Jean
Susan
Mary

What do you think.
Dc's are Iris, Eli, Pearl and Amos.

We are on 2ww, so not terribly urgent, we were just discussing it last night grin

DilysPrice Sat 24-Sep-11 09:47:55

I admire your brevity. Not enough parents think about the problem of fitting their DCs' names into the tiny tiny spaces on clothes name labels at such an early stage.

Psammead Sat 24-Sep-11 10:18:21

I like Jane, Susan and Mary.

Not overly keen on Joan or Jean.

My fave is Mary. None are particularly to my personal taste, but they are all good, strong classic names.

MelinaM Sat 24-Sep-11 11:51:44

Your DC's have lovely names, I feel that the ones on the list are rather bland in comparison.

IHeartKingThistle Sat 24-Sep-11 11:57:26

I actually like them all. I know two little Jeannies at the moment.

ExitPursuedByaBear Sat 24-Sep-11 12:03:15

DCs names lovely. Think your fifth might feel a bit cheated as they are ever so slightly dull.

CandiceMariePratt Sat 24-Sep-11 12:03:15

I like Jean and Joan, not too keen on Susan

GwendolineMaryLacey Sat 24-Sep-11 12:22:43

Not wild about Jean but the rest are lovely, particularly Mary. The rest are only dull to us, they won't be to her generation.

tummytickler Sat 24-Sep-11 13:28:19

Hmmm.
These are not my top picks at the moment. I like lots of 'P' names, but he hates them all (Priscilla, Prudence, Perdita, Prunella, Pandora). I will tackle him with my lists at another time, hoping he stumbles across one by himself, so he thinks its his idea!
I do like them all, especially Susan and Jane, but not sure if any of them will be the 'one', although I know dh is especially keen to have a Susan. I am especially keen on Judith, Mildred, Augusta and Angela. Good job its not urgent grin

MelinaM Sat 24-Sep-11 18:03:32

Perdita nn Perdy and Pandora are lovelysmile

PamBeesly Sat 24-Sep-11 18:43:06

I like Jean best on his list

LittleWhiteWolf Sat 24-Sep-11 23:08:08

Susan is my mums name--pick that one! grin

mathanxiety Sun 25-Sep-11 04:09:38

I like Mary and Jane a lot.
Jean, Joan and Susan are a bit middle agey to me -- all are names of friends of my mum's -- but Jane and Mary are timeless imo.

Love Judith, with Judy as a nn, or even Jude.

I think names that start with P sound a bit harsh for a girl for some reason. The only two I really like are Pernilla and one you have already -- Pearl.

GwendolineMaryLacey Sun 25-Sep-11 07:15:12

I really like Judith/Judy. Am predicting a great comeback for that one smile

tummytickler Sun 25-Sep-11 09:16:53

I love Judith too, Judy is sooo cute!
Another one of my names is Shirley, ever since dd told us she wished her name was Shirley when she was 3 years old, I have really loved it, because I could suddenly see it on a little girl. Thing is, its hardly a nice classic name (which is how I think of my dc, slightly unusual, but classic names)

anewmotivatedme Mon 26-Sep-11 16:41:09

I like all the names but Joan.

mathanxiety Mon 26-Sep-11 18:09:43

You couldn't have Shirley and Pearl -- the temptation to call them Shirl and Pearl or Shirley and Pearley would be too strong.

It really is a little girl name, one that seems out of place on anyone over age 5 imo.

Meteorite Mon 26-Sep-11 18:40:42

I like Susan, Angela, Mary and Joan smile

withLainintheWired Mon 26-Sep-11 19:33:24

Joan is my favourite, but I also like Susan and Mildred.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now