Connie
Sally
Tilly

Your opinions if you please

MayDayChild Fri 23-Sep-11 21:18:57

Love first two.
Loathe too strong a word for second two. But close call

MayDayChild Fri 23-Sep-11 21:20:04

Oh, I know why I loathe them... Dogs names in my extended family.
Not a reason to loathe. As you were.

MummysLittleSunbeams Fri 23-Sep-11 21:23:48

I love love LOVE Letty but dh wouldn't let me have it for either of our dd's. Now I'm pregnant with number 3 I'm going to propose it once again but I think I will be overruled once more!

Catsycat Fri 23-Sep-11 21:23:53

Connie is lovely. I love Constance and Constanza too, and the meaning is really nice. Not crazy for the other ones, especially Tilly.

tummytickler Fri 23-Sep-11 22:24:37

Love Letty and Sally
Connie is horrible (but Constance lovely) and Tilly is possibly one of the worst names in the world imo. I don't understand why it is so popular.
I would go for Letty as a nn for something or Sally (which I adore)

WorzselMummage Fri 23-Sep-11 22:28:43

- letty (?) like, a lot but couldn't bring myself to put letty on BC
constance - connie, love it
sarah - Sally, like it
matilda- tilly, hate both names.

Imnotdarrellrivers Fri 23-Sep-11 23:00:15

Sally always reminds me of malory towers (she is just Sally) - It is nice. But I don't go for it as a nn for another name (even though I know that is where it comes from) think it is removed from those names and makes sence by itself. But according to wiki you could have it as a: nickname for Sarah or Sandra (which is horible) but it is also a derivation of a traditional Irish Gaelic name Sadhbh pronounced 'syve' or Sorcha, an Irish and Scottish Gaelic name, pronounced 'sorr-kha'. But again I like it by itself

Tilly I don't like

Connie is alright as long as it is just connie - hate constance etc

Letty I actually like. Not sure though on just Letty - it is fine though. but to get Letty you could have Letitia/Leticia (horrible) or Colette or Violet

Actually i think on stuff as an adult Connie and Sally would be perfectly fine etc and yet do the whole as a child thing.
While Tilly and Letty (Tilly especially) may be better with another name to use on forms as adult.

Selks Fri 23-Sep-11 23:14:54

I love Sally. Pretty but not fussy. Well due a revival.

CurwySwide Sat 24-Sep-11 13:32:53

I love Letty as a shortened version of Violet. Connie also nice, but would use full name Constance.

I don't like Sally at all; love Matilda but not Tilly.

Aphria Sat 24-Sep-11 13:47:06

Only like Connie.

Aphria Sat 24-Sep-11 13:47:45

Along similar lines Cassie is nice.

Hulababy Sat 24-Sep-11 13:49:15

With the exception of Sally the other three just sound like nn to me, not real full names.

I am not keen on sally as a name.

The other three - as nn they are nice, but for me they need to be nn for a full name on a bc.

My favourite would be Tilly, short for Matilda.

roadrunnerbeepbeep Sat 24-Sep-11 20:27:44

Not at all keen on Letty. Sounds like a type of salad food.

All the others ok. Nearly called DD1 Connie so particularly like that.

Meteorite Sun 25-Sep-11 19:00:27

Letty and Tilly seem quite frivolous. Sally is a bit "worthy" but also frivolous.

Connie is lovely as nickname for Constance.

pranma Sun 25-Sep-11 21:07:52

I have a beautiful dgd named Connie [Constance]
I love sally and Tilly too but less keen on Letty.

serin Mon 26-Sep-11 10:49:41

Sally always reminds me of the song "Ride, Sally, Ride" hmm

Like Connie/Constance

Tilly, no strong feelings either way.

Never heard of Letty before! resisting the temptation to ask if it is short for Lettuce? would Betty do as an alternative?

anewmotivatedme Mon 26-Sep-11 19:56:39

Sally

Wimminsinit Mon 26-Sep-11 20:07:30

Connie is the only one I like.

Tilly and Letty are beyond twee.

Sally is an 'aunt' name.

Ihavewelliesbutitssunny Mon 26-Sep-11 21:12:11

I love Connie especially with Constance as a full-name. Quite like Letty but think it needs to be short for something but not sure what, lettice, Leticia?

Jezabelle Mon 26-Sep-11 21:26:27

I know of a Lettice, in DDs gym class. I can't hear it without feeling a little embarrassed for the child that her parents have seriously called her that! I think if I met a Letty I would always fear that they were actually a Lettice!

Connie - lovely
sally - aunt Sally - no, not keen at all
Tilly - Yes, sweet as a nn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now