Talk

Advanced search

did you have a name picked then had a change last minute

(12 Posts)
lilyliz Thu 22-Sep-11 21:34:42

when my DS was born I had a name picked out but hadn't told hosp staff what it was yet then my dad came to visit and assumed he was called same as him(it's an o k name)and I hadn't the heart to change it as he was so chuffed,turned out this was lucky because art school he was the only one and loads of kids with the first name I had thought of. P S The name he has actually suits him to a tee.

StellaAndFries Thu 22-Sep-11 21:37:01

Yes, all the way through my pregnancy we we insistent we were calling dd4 Tallulah, but when she was born I looked at her and her name popped into my head, it's just what she looked like so that was her name!

sparkle12mar08 Thu 22-Sep-11 21:41:56

Yes, we had agreed a name and then I took one look at ds2 after he was born and though 'no way'! It then took another three weeks to agree the alternative!

minicorrect Thu 22-Sep-11 21:49:24

Yep. Spent first night calling DD2 by agreed name but it didn't seem right system texted DP with another and she suits it perfectly. My mum doesn't like it though but wouldn't like anything we chose I don't think!

cece Thu 22-Sep-11 23:26:25

None of my three have the name that we had choosen. They all got called something different when we met them as the name at the top of our list never seemed to suit them!

I can never undersatand this naming the baby before it is born. hmm It just never worked for us.

MyRightToAdvice Thu 22-Sep-11 23:29:43

I had my dd's name from years before she was born! It's a modern equivalent of my grandma's name. I never intended to have children, but I hypothetically always wanted this name for a dd. It never occurred to me to change it, but then I suppose i had a strong emotional connection to the name in the first place.

LucyLastik Fri 23-Sep-11 00:02:22

Yep, DD2 was Nicola until the day after she was born when she became Emma

cece Fri 23-Sep-11 00:05:02

To think I could have had a

Helen
Sid
and
Eddie
smile

emmyloo2 Fri 23-Sep-11 05:51:28

I was sure I wanted to call my DS Edward, right until a few days before he was born. But my DH was never sold on Edward so Edward became George. He is definitely a little George, but I still love love Edward.

lockets Fri 23-Sep-11 11:49:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HappyAsASandboy Fri 23-Sep-11 12:14:09

Yup. We had names (first and middle) picked out for our twins. When we went in to hospital, DH suggested that we keep the names to ourselves until we left hospital, and use the time to make sure they were the right names.

After a two day hospital stay, we both agreed that DD was entirely wrong. We had both come to the conclusion separately, and had both decided independently which other name from our girls list was the right one grin We also changed her middle name as the first didn't really go with the new first name.

We were happy that DS suited his original name.

I think taking a couple of days to make sure names are right before announcing is a great idea. I'd do it again if we have any more children smile

HappyAsASandboy Fri 23-Sep-11 12:15:35

DD is obviously not wrong blush Her original name was wrong blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now