Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

back to square 1!

(8 Posts)
addictediam Wed 21-Sep-11 12:09:35

I was convinced this baby was a boy, i havent really thought of any names other than boys names. So now I have 18 weeks to come up with a girls name. I have 1 dd already called Amelia nn Millie.

I was thinking Sophie or Charlotte? Dh likes Erin but nothing is screaming 'thats it' any ideas?

I really should get a book!

hulabula Wed 21-Sep-11 12:10:56

Have a look at the ONS statistics from last year - thousands of lovely names on there (in fact, ALL the names used more than twice, I think).

Meteorite Wed 21-Sep-11 12:23:12

Rebecca, Violet, Abigail, Phoebe, Emma, Lucy, Clara, Annabel, Josephine, Hannah, Oliva, Coralie?

Ebb Wed 21-Sep-11 13:58:55

I like Charlotte especially with the nn Lottie.

anewmotivatedme Wed 21-Sep-11 16:17:36

I like Sophie and Charlotte.

addictediam Wed 21-Sep-11 18:12:17

I do love Lottie but my 4yo brothers best friend is called Lottie and when we were talking about the new baby I mentioned the name (he asked what her name was) he got so confused and said 'but lottie is a big girl, not a baby'

Maybe I'll get my mum to talk to him about it alittle more.

The problem with Sophie is a friend of mine has 3 (now grown up) girls called kathryne, Sophie and Amelia. I think it might be abit odd to use sophie aswell. (plus she's a horrible little madam)

Why is naming a baby so hard!

MelinaM Wed 21-Sep-11 18:24:35

What about Sophia/Sofia instead?

pilates Wed 21-Sep-11 20:18:22

I prefer Sophia to Sophie.

Charlotte is also very nice.

How about Eliza, Eleanor or Louisa?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now