Talk

Advanced search

Brother for Olivia

(15 Posts)
blondie72 Sun 18-Sep-11 23:07:09

Looking for inspiration for boys names to go with Olivia. We just don't have one that we both love. Current contenders are Rupert or Benjamin (Ben). Any opinions and suggestions welcome!!! Thanks!!

mistressploppy Sun 18-Sep-11 23:07:48

Reuben?

blondie72 Sun 18-Sep-11 23:08:23

Forgot to say we'd like a classic name but not one that's overused. Thanks!

JB2802 Sun 18-Sep-11 23:13:40

Alex?

treacletart Sun 18-Sep-11 23:18:44

Angus

anewmotivatedme Mon 19-Sep-11 10:35:40

Charles / Charlie

Meteorite Mon 19-Sep-11 22:27:56

Julian
Lawrence
Alistair
Gabriel
Peter
Tristan
David
John
Gregory
Felix
Theodore
Nicholas

babynamesgrrrrrrrrrrrrr Tue 20-Sep-11 00:01:34

Do you mean a name for a boy that someone who likes olivia would like? or do you mean a name that "goes" with olivia?

Because they are separate people and won't often be thought of as a pair especially after they move out and for the next 60 year after that! smile

Don't limit yourself just get get a male name you like

SecondhandRose Tue 20-Sep-11 09:40:22

Well Olivia is a classic name so I wouldnt go for one of those made up names or ones associated with a film or TV programme. Something solid that everyone can spell and people wont wo der if he is a boy or a girl.

blondie72 Tue 20-Sep-11 11:14:07

Thanks for the feedback. What do you think to Benjamin (Ben) and Rupert? I like the former, DH the latter. We had Theodore on our list for DD1 (2009) but think Theo is becoming quite popular now? I also like Nicholas as underused but DH not keen. Due v v soon and now beginning to panic! Why is this so hard?

Ihavewelliesbutitssunny Tue 20-Sep-11 12:39:09

William
Reuben
Isaac
Jacob
Daniel

UrsulaWoleffay Tue 20-Sep-11 12:41:56

If you don't want overused I'd avoid Ben really. Rupert NMS. Reuben seems very next big thing in a Lucas vein.

Rafferty
Arthur
Jude
Jeremiah
Jeremy
Jonas

I like Theo.

Catsycat Tue 20-Sep-11 12:52:27

I like Ben, it's a nice name. Also, I knew a Ben at uni, and he was very, very beautiful!!!!! There was also a lovely boy called Ben at our school, but it was short for Benedict (which would go with Olivia from a Shakespearean angle!). I only know one little Ben. Theo is nice too, I know a couple of girls called Thea, but no Theos (yet).

Alexander is a lovely classic name too - there are quite a few around, but not as many as some other names, and if there are other Alexes, you could always shorten to Xander.

I find boys names really hard too!!!

tammytoby Tue 20-Sep-11 13:05:28

Rupert is much nicer and less widely used than Ben, which is a little dull in comparison imo.

Olivia and Rupert are lovely together smile

Meteorite Tue 20-Sep-11 16:13:37

In order of preference 1. Theodore 2. Nicholas 3. Benjamin 4. Rupert

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now