Talk

Advanced search

What to do if it seems you don't like ANY names ?!

(17 Posts)
lchodge Sat 17-Sep-11 14:20:17

Any suggestions ie recommended websites, books?
I'm massively stuck for inspiration and due in 2 weeks so getting a bit panicky! Looking for girls names, already got a Lola. Names we did like but have gone off a bit for various reasons are:

Ruby
Lacey
Scarlett
Amber(I still LOVE this name, partner hates it)
Ava
Lexie

No middle/hyphenated names. Any help massively appreciated!!! smile

downpipe Sat 17-Sep-11 16:56:52

I used www.babynames.co.uk, trawled endlessly through it and liked it because it also gives info about how popular they are, I didn't want a "top 20" name.I think you can also look under things like "French"names and "Italian" names.I've got 2 boys but love Amber for a girl,can't you persuade him!

upatdawn Sat 17-Sep-11 18:24:14

Emilia (Emmie)
Eliza
Gabriella (Ella)
Stephanie (Effie)
Eden
Isla
Alicia
Eloise
Elise
Cassie
Sophia/Sofia
Sophie
Lydia
Emily
Grace
Eva
Kaja
Camille

Just a random selection of names that might take your fancy!

lchodge Sat 17-Sep-11 19:10:34

He absolutely HATES Amber. It's definitely a no go unfortunately!
Thanks for both your suggestions smile

MrsMcJnr Sat 17-Sep-11 20:45:20

Here are some from my list:

Luna
Amaya
Athena
Brooke
Eden
Edeen
Eilidh
Marnie
Oonagh
Vivienne
Tallulah
Xanthe

I sat in book shops when I was pg with DS and trawled through all their books. Also try checking out the top 20 names in Latin America or in Spain, you might come up with something that sounds good with Lola smile

thisisyesterday Sat 17-Sep-11 20:53:08

google nymbler and put your other names into it...

WaftyCrank Sat 17-Sep-11 20:53:33

I have a Lola. DS2 would've been Lorelei, nn Lori, if he'd been a girl.

MockingbirdsNotForSale Sat 17-Sep-11 21:02:52

Autumn
Willow
Noni
Holly
Neela
Lucy
Poppy

Chynah Sat 17-Sep-11 22:47:54

have you thought about using a foreign name? I couldn't find any girls name I liked enough other than one I couldnt use due to family so opted for the Italian version instead which is even more beautiful and have only had very positive comments about it.

lchodge Sun 18-Sep-11 13:06:04

Nymbler threw up some interesting ideas!
My partner likes Lori but its too similar to my name.
Just about to start searching foreign names now.
Thanks again all smile

whackamole Sun 18-Sep-11 13:51:07

I'm in the same boat, but for boys names! Can't tell you how many websites I've looked at, how many books......think he will be 'Baby' until he is registered then we will scissor/paper/rock for our first choices!

lchodge Sun 18-Sep-11 14:09:13

Lol we would be fine if it was a boy as we had a name picked before I was even pregnant. It's getting rather frustrating. The longer it goes on the less we like the names we loved to start with! First child was nearly 2 weeks old before she had a name, much to the disgust of friends and family.

BlueChampagne Mon 19-Sep-11 15:59:27

Meryl
Kezia
Belinda
Chloe

Presume there isn't a female version of your boy's name. Good luck.

kblu Mon 19-Sep-11 16:02:42

I really like Elsie, I think it's such a pretty name. I'm probably in the minority though!

lchodge Mon 19-Sep-11 16:07:53

I know too many Granny Elsie's to like that name. Can't imagine it on a baby. Think it is becoming popular in some places just now though.

kblu Mon 19-Sep-11 16:10:14

Umm,

Poppy
Blossom
Scarlett
Ava
Saffron (Saffy)

kblu Mon 19-Sep-11 16:10:51

Actually I really love Saffron too but my OH doesn't because its the name of our local Indian Take-away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now