Talk

Advanced search

Middle Name for Felix?

(23 Posts)
BumpPlus2 Wed 14-Sep-11 14:37:44

Any suggestions please - we have used up any relative names on previous DS and now just after a bit of a roll off the tongue/nice flowing middle name smile
Thanks

bagelmonkey Wed 14-Sep-11 14:44:20

What does your surname start with and is it long or short?

bagelmonkey Wed 14-Sep-11 14:45:25

Felix Joseph
Felix Joshua
Felix Lucas
Felix Alexander (unless surname begins with T or G etc)

SayCoolNowSayWhip Wed 14-Sep-11 14:46:48

Navidad?

<runs away>

DreamsOfSteam Wed 14-Sep-11 14:48:32

the cat

<hot on the heals of SayCoolNowSayWhip>

HandsOffOurLand Wed 14-Sep-11 14:49:55

Emmanuel

MelinaM Wed 14-Sep-11 14:50:18

I think Felix Alexander would be perfect, it flows beautifullysmile

Some more suggestions for you:

Felix Andrew
Felix Balthazar
Felix Christopher
Felix Edward
Felix Gabriel
Felix George
Felix James
Felix Laurence
Felix Matthew
Felix Nathaniel
Felix Oliver
Felix Sebastian
Felix Solomon
Felix William
Felix Winston

poppydaisy Wed 14-Sep-11 14:56:42

The Cat grin

Meteorite Wed 14-Sep-11 15:02:04

I like Edward, James, Oliver, George, William and several of the other suggestions above. Disagree about Felix Alexander I'm afraid - both nice names but together there's too much "x" sound.

BumpPlus2 Wed 14-Sep-11 15:15:34

Thanks so much for all your suggestions so far...I am only after one middle name so not sure if you were suggesting 'The' or 'Cat' ... very original though ... grin
Keep em coming

HenriettaFarthingay Wed 14-Sep-11 15:15:46

The first that came to mind is Felix James. Of course depends on the surname, how it would sound with that. You have a nice, fairly unusual, first name, with a good sturdy middle name.

Meteorite Wed 14-Sep-11 15:25:00

John, Daniel, Alistair, Dylan, Henry, Joel, Peter, Tristan, Jerome, Alfred, Gregory, Benedict, Edwin, Arlo

whizzyrocket Wed 14-Sep-11 17:54:14

We're also considering Felix (that is I would love to call him Felix and my dh hasn't utterly vetoed the name!) and plan on using Edward Axel as his middle names. Both are family names but ones we really like.

I think it depends on your surname though. If it is a two syllable affair then give him a middle name with one, three or maybe even four syllables just to give it a less boring rhythm! I also like Felix Alexander.

...And I wonder whether those who make Felix the Cat jokes would do the same for someone considering a Theo and mention chipmunks? Would Oscar necessarily be a grouch and live in a bin? We all know of names that remind us of various characters but that doesn't mean they should fall out of use.

BumpPlus2 Wed 14-Sep-11 18:58:51

Thanks again for replies.
Our last name is very short so could go for anything really.
I like the idea of classic, solid name for mn but that's fine until we start to try and agree on one! Edward is my fave by DH is not in agreement! A lot of the other names mentionned are already names of nephews and other family members so quite tricky!
whizzyrocket Those who make jokes re names imo are those lacking confidence and imagination and who follow the crowd generally...easier to take the mick when your child is called the same as 4 others in their class perhaps??! grin

DreamsOfSteam Thu 15-Sep-11 11:26:12

Sorry. Didn't mean to cause offence. I realise I am a twat. Although if you are touchey about it then perhaps you should consider a different name as it will be brought up again and again throughout your childs life by twats like me well meaning people. I speak as someone who has a name closely linked to an other character so I have had to find a sense of humour about these things.
For the record my child has a name not widely used (I have yet to come across another one) Anyway again I aplogise.

SayCoolNowSayWhip Thu 15-Sep-11 11:37:57

Er.... What DreamsofSteam said. Very sorry if I caused offence with my joke.... but if you're touchy about it now, wait till he's at school

Oh and wouldn't recommend Felix Alexander if your last name begins with a G.

HTH

rachel234 Thu 15-Sep-11 14:02:06

I think most people's association with Felix is not only Felix the Cat but probably more this www.petsathome.com/shop/gifts/brands/felix-cat-food/

And I agree with Dreams and SayCool that if you're that sensitive about the cat connection, I'd suggest you re-consider the name.

Meteorite Thu 15-Sep-11 14:19:09

Yeah it's a cat's name. But it's a nice cat's name unlike Tabitha and Kitty

rachel234 Thu 15-Sep-11 14:34:28

And male (cat).

audley Thu 15-Sep-11 18:27:28

DS was supposed to be Felix Jude, but he didn't look like a Felix!

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Thu 15-Sep-11 18:33:08

Helix.

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Thu 15-Sep-11 18:34:16

Actually I really do like the name Felix. I'd want to choose something a bit out there for the middle name.

BumpPlus2 Thu 15-Sep-11 19:29:04

Hi,
I think some of you have misread my original post or misunderstood what I was asking for?
I asked for suggestions for middle names for a specific first name...not comments or opinions on my already chosen first name (a name planned to be given in memory of a recently departed relative so not one which I am leaving open to discussion or debate). We have a strong personal reason for using that name and one that I hope my DC (if it is a DS!) will be proud of regardless of any teasing and tbh - children will tease others for some reason or other come what may so even if their name is not the reason, their hair colour or make of trainers - will be wink
So - no it's not something I am touchy about or would reconsider - just something I never asked for opinions on so was surprised to receive them...
And, no, my last name doesn't begin with G but I was thinking Felix Alexander Roger and our last name to end, beginning with 'T' ...wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now