Advanced search

Opinions Please

(11 Posts)
Littlehet Fri 09-Sep-11 09:40:24

I have a 3 year old girl named Olivia May

And now i am 35 weeks pregnant with a boy we were thinking charlie adam

Do these names go together?

3isamagicnumber Fri 09-Sep-11 09:59:09

Charlie Adam does go together and suits as a sibling for your DD - though there is a premiership footballer called that which was my very first thought when I read it!

Olivia May is lovely! smile

evamummy Fri 09-Sep-11 10:16:56

I prefer Adam to Charlie. I think 'cutey' type names Charlie/Alfie/Archie are going to date soon as people tire of them. I'd go for a more 'solid' name personally. Adam is lovely.

Cereal Fri 09-Sep-11 11:14:19

Agree that Charlie may date - why not give Charles as full name and use Charlie as nickname?

MelinaM Fri 09-Sep-11 16:22:49

Charlie is nice but much prefer Charlessmile

Not a fan of Adam at all.

I love Adam but don't like Charlie.

Gluttondressedaslamb Fri 09-Sep-11 18:13:40

I agree with evamummy that Charlie is likely to date, Charles is a better option as it can be shortened or not.
I`m not a great fan anyway because when I was growing up someone who was considered a bit of an idiot was referred to as a `right Charlie`. But maybe that`s a regional thing.
Adam is ok, nothing special to like or dislike.

mopsyflopsy Fri 09-Sep-11 18:25:09

I agree - Charlie/Alfie type names have shot up in popularity over the past 2-3 years and are starting to feel 'dated' already imo. I'd go for a more classic name. Charles for example.

mayanna123 Fri 09-Sep-11 18:31:22

I'm not keen on Charlie, sorry. Adam is ok.

Bert2e Fri 09-Sep-11 18:35:50

Charlie / Alfie / Archie type names are fine on a baby but what happens when he is a man with a proper job?! Much better to go with Charles / Alfred / Archibald IMO

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Fri 09-Sep-11 18:40:51

I agree, Charlie works as an nn but Charles Adam is better for full name - even if you never use it at least he's got it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now