Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If you could name your child anything..

(196 Posts)
dreamer79 Mon 05-Sep-11 18:03:50

..and I mean anything (no matter how ridiculous, if there are bad connections, what others think or whether it sounds good with surname) what would it be?

I love the names Constantine and River for boys and Sonnet and Indigo but they are a bit 'out there' and would not work in RL!

So what would yours be? grin

jalapeno Thu 19-Sep-13 18:20:56

Sebastian, Siegfried or Gordon.

Octavia, Evangeline or Penelope.

Oriunda Thu 19-Sep-13 15:20:42

Dream girls' names .... Circe/Nemesis and Persephone. I tend towards the darker side of Greek mythology! No boys' as left choice to DH but his actual name is Cosmo.

Name DS would have been called if he'd been a girl and after DH would have veteod Persephone and Ophelia (wouldn't have even broached Circe and Nemesis!) ... Aurelia.

lilolilmanchester Thu 19-Sep-13 00:14:00

DD would have been Zoe if down to me, DH didn't like it. She would have been Mark if a boy.

Her older brother would have been Megan if a girl. Didn't choose it for DD cos felt it was "his" name plus several friends had Megans meanwhile

toobreathless Wed 18-Sep-13 23:58:49

Merryn, I ADORE it but it is very close to our surname think Merryn Mason.

I also love but couldn't use did to surname issues Amber & Margaret.

JumpingJackSprat Wed 18-Sep-13 22:35:34

i like Alaine since i saw it in a book somewhere (arthurian maybe) but i reckon it would get mistaken for elaine. i also like ronica after a character in a book.

TwoTearsInABucket Wed 18-Sep-13 21:58:18

Claudio and aurora

dietcokeandwine Wed 18-Sep-13 21:52:01

A girl would have been Clover or Arwen.

Boy would have been Arlo or Hector.

TheSporkforeatingkyriarchy Wed 18-Sep-13 13:01:09

Panthea, think it's lovely name.

Bowlersarm Wed 18-Sep-13 11:11:40

Satchel.

I love the way the word sounds. Think 'Satch' would be a cool nickname.

Would not have done it in a million years, though.

Littleen Wed 18-Sep-13 11:07:56

Really like Ronja for a girl, it's from a swedish childrens story, but it kinda has to be with a pronounced R, not an English soft R, so not sure really!

BlackholesAndRevelations Wed 18-Sep-13 10:45:39

Eustacia

AurorasShoes Tue 17-Sep-13 18:05:23

I love love love Aphra, Callisto and Calypso but they're probably a bit too out there... More conventionally, I also love Verity but it clashes with last name, Eleanor is the name of a friend's daughter and Cleo has also gone

Secretswitch Mon 16-Sep-13 03:15:17

I love but could never use Clementine,Daisy, Althea, Penelope, Cameron, Huck, Alexander, Blaze.

MummyBeerest Mon 16-Sep-13 02:48:41

I love the name River for a boy, and have met one. He's beautiful. Also love Axel and Abel (both vetoed).

For girls, I loved Aurora, Allegra, Vanessa and Chloe. All were vetoed.

My most out there names that I've never shared are Oz for a boy and Keeva for a girl.

TheSlug Tue 10-Sep-13 19:33:26

Atticus for a boy would be my absolute favourite. It's on 'the list' (24 weeks pg) but is very similar to the family name we'll probably use, if we have a boy.

ArtemisKelda Tue 10-Sep-13 18:58:00

And on here of course!

ArtemisKelda Tue 10-Sep-13 18:57:36

I'd have loved to call dd Artemis but we had a 'no A names' rule. I had to settle for using the name on my last car grin.

miffybun73 Tue 10-Sep-13 18:53:35

Mine would be the names that I chose. Daniel and Emily.

BogStandardOldWoman Tue 10-Sep-13 18:50:57

What a wonderful and creative lot you are! I read somewhere that people often name their pets what they don't quite dare to name their children. I have a cat named Jezebel, so I think it may be true..
Friend is expecting and thinking if names, DH has suggested either Spartacus or Rumpelstiltskin. Sigh.

LegoDragon Tue 10-Sep-13 18:33:00

Oh, and for a boy, Wolfie.

LegoDragon Tue 10-Sep-13 18:31:31

Boys:
Indigo (nn 'Indy')
Merryn, 'Merry'
Sparrow
Montezuma hmm nicknamed Monty...
Bryant
Isadore
Jaden
Kailum
Taylor 'Tay'

Girls:
Calla
Liliana
Rosamund, nicknamed Amy
Raven, nicknamed Ava
Isolde, nicknamed Issie
Ariadne, nicknamed Aria
Wren, nicknamed Renna
Aurora, nicknamed Rora/Rory.

TheYamiOfYawn Tue 10-Sep-13 14:29:12

Lucifer.

In more realistic possibilities, I like Loveday and linnet, but DP vetoed them. I seem to be yearning for L names today.

Belmo Tue 10-Sep-13 14:23:34

For girls:
Toby
Dylan (DP hates both)
Bethan (love but doesn't work with surname)

Boys:
Merlin
Orion
Onyx
Phoenix
Sirius
Zephyr (all a bit too 'out-there')

Also love Jack but wouldn't use as its so common and we have a really common surname too.

fiishfingers Tue 10-Sep-13 14:09:18

Susan, after my childhood doll,DH would not have it, 3 times.

TheGreatCatsby Tue 10-Sep-13 14:00:49

i would love to have Minna but surname begins Mina-.....

<waits hopefully for someone to say that it is fine>

I would love a boy called Gusto.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now