Talk

Advanced search

Isabella and Isaac - too similar?

(11 Posts)
Bobcarolegees Sat 03-Sep-11 11:20:15

We already have a little Isabella and are thinking Isaac for our new baby if it is a boy. Do you think they are too similar and it sounds like we got stuck in the 'I' section of the baby names book? Would really appreciate feedback and even alternatives to Isaac (although I do love the name very much!). Thanks.

veryworriedme Sat 03-Sep-11 11:22:41

I think they are both lovely names. Don't see a problem.

belgo Sat 03-Sep-11 11:22:48

Both lovely names. I don't see a problem with being both I names.

What about Jacob, Jonas, Noah, Zachariah as alternatives.

Cereal Sat 03-Sep-11 13:33:53

Both nice names and they're different enough even with both starting with I.

Otherwise how about George, Samuel, David, Edward, Henry, Thomas?

MsChanandlerBong Sat 03-Sep-11 13:48:00

I can see why you ask the question - but I think they are different enough to be OK. And both lovely names btw!

(It also becomes less of a problem if you use nn's like Izzy and Zac which are really different to each other...)

I don't like them together, sorry - it sounds a bit twee.

If you like Isaac, you may also like:

Noah
Asher
Jacob
Thaddeus
Tobias
Bartholomew/Bartie
Barnaby
Simeon
Jude

AberdeenAngusina Sat 03-Sep-11 17:52:23

I know siblings called Isabella and Isaac; it's never occurred to me that they don't go.

strawberrylion Sat 03-Sep-11 19:30:57

No, lovely!

PorkChopSter Sat 03-Sep-11 19:33:33

I wouldn't - it's difficult to yell them loudly and quickly together

lebasi Sat 03-Sep-11 19:53:46

I have an Isabel (Izzy) and Isaac (Zac) so obviously think they go wonderfully together! I also know two other sets of Isabel/la and Isaac siblings, which is either an indication of what good taste we have, or is a sign of how popular their names are becoming.....

lurkinginthebackground Sat 03-Sep-11 23:31:12

I don't see a problem, because even though they start with the same letter the sound is different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now