Talk

Advanced search

Zacharias as a first name

(10 Posts)
DoctorX Fri 02-Sep-11 10:59:09

Thoughts please... Cheers!

minipie Fri 02-Sep-11 11:00:49

I like it, but wonder if it's a little bit too much, I'd probably choose Zachary instead. Zack is a great day to day name though.

Pang Fri 02-Sep-11 11:02:12

How about just 'Zach'. Zach is a nice name.smile

mumofbumblebea Fri 02-Sep-11 11:23:48

i like Zacharias but prefer Zachariah. Zach by itself doesn't sound complete to me but it is a nice nn

othersideofchannel Fri 02-Sep-11 14:29:49

I like Zacharias but I really dislike Zac/Zack/Zach - sounds so harsh and incomplete.

How about Isaac?

Cereal Fri 02-Sep-11 15:28:53

I like it smile

MsChanandlerBong Fri 02-Sep-11 15:42:00

I'm not familiar with Zacharias, but do know Zachariah and love the name Zachary. I would imagine you/your DS will have to say "no, Zacharias with an s on the end" quite a lot. But if you don't mind that then I think I would go for it. I also LOVE Zach for a nn but wouldn't put it on the bc.

Xavielli Fri 02-Sep-11 15:45:45

Prefer Zachariah, absolutely my favourite name!

Atropos Fri 02-Sep-11 15:49:05

Choose the name you like, providing it goes with the surname and doesn't result in painful abbreviations or initial spellings in the school playground. If he doesn't like it, he can change it – easily if he has a conventional second name or legally if he doesn't. Lots of us hate our given names. Parents cannot always get things right.

jellybeans Fri 02-Sep-11 21:09:06

Great name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now