Talk

Advanced search

boyz names?

(22 Posts)
Mizzgreen Sun 28-Aug-11 21:48:24

anyone help me out i chose kaylum and rowan as a boy my hubby dont like them, he likes harley and tyler. all nice names but we decided we wont call him any of these as we cant agree we need something nice n simple like our son harvey, ne ideas?? xx

BerthaLovelyBertha Sun 28-Aug-11 21:49:59

Don't choose Harley if you already have a Harvey.

MrsRhettButler Sun 28-Aug-11 21:50:54

Rowan

Kayano Sun 28-Aug-11 22:00:42

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

MummysLittleSunbeams Sun 28-Aug-11 22:38:26

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

MrsRhettButler Sun 28-Aug-11 22:39:50

Yes of course, because everyone uses proper punctuation these days....

She's probably new smile

thisisyesterday Sun 28-Aug-11 22:41:44

agree that you can't use harley if you already have harvey

Rowan is a lovely name.
I don't mind Tyler...

when I was pg with ds1 and ds2 i went through a book and listed all the names i really liked and then got dp to say which of them he also liked... that way you're both happy!

thisisyesterday Sun 28-Aug-11 22:42:14

oh yes, this can't be real just because some people don't type like you? hmm

UrsulaBuffayHere2Help Sun 28-Aug-11 22:44:41

I think Harley & Harvey has a ded gud ring to it

Hulababy Sun 28-Aug-11 22:45:16

There is punctuation! I can see a full stop, commas and question mark to start with. No capitals to be fair and some text talk. Not how I chose to type and I find it easier to read proper sentences personally, but doesn't mean a post isn't real just because it isn't written more formally!

However:

Agree you can't use Harley is you have a Harvey.
I am not really keen on any of the names much.

If you like Rowan, how about Rohan? I know of a lovely little boy with this name, pronouced Ro-han.

MrsRhettButler Sun 28-Aug-11 22:53:16

I know a Rohan too

Mizzgreen Mon 29-Aug-11 00:15:00

I do apologise for my inappropriate grammar, however I did not realise that this site was here to critise others on the way they chose to express themselves, wether this means punctuation, grammar or "text" style writing. I am new on here and asked a simple question on baby names as i was under the understanding that this site was here for support and help not to be judged by individuals who do not know me personally or my capabilities of writing and spelling did not realise I was in an English lesson. I will chose carefully not to post anymore threads on to this site, for an expectant mother who asked for help just got critised over a simple question. Thanks for your support! (p.s. would you like to check this for grammar as i am sure someone will find something wrong with it!)

Kayano Mon 29-Aug-11 00:31:48

Got to admit, it was Kaylum And Tyler that made me think it wasn't real, not the grammar? I am on my phone so mine is awful too.

Kaylum - is that an alternative for Callum? If so then I have to be honest Callum is much nicer and accessible.

And Tyler is too surname like IMO

Offspring Mon 29-Aug-11 03:01:36

Of your and your DH's suggestions I like Rowan but do prefer the spelling Rohan for a boy.

Suggestions:
Harvey and Eli
Harvey and Max
Harvey and Levi
Harvey and Conor

HengshanRoad Mon 29-Aug-11 03:11:45

Mizzgreen, I think you might have more luck over at Netmums, hun.

PerryCombover Mon 29-Aug-11 03:27:03

James?
Josh?
Toby?
Robert?

SoupDragon Mon 29-Aug-11 07:05:18

Kaylum is dreadful. Truly dreadful.

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Mon 29-Aug-11 07:11:50

Duncan. <gavel>

Catslikehats Mon 29-Aug-11 07:30:36

Jamez
Thomaz
Charlez
Lucaz
Jonaz
Marcuz

grin

MummysLittleSunbeams Mon 29-Aug-11 07:46:22

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I thought it can't be real because firstly, the lack of punctuation makes the question difficult to understand "as we cant agree we need something nice n simple " - what so you can't agree if you need a simple name or a daft made-up name?? Secondly, because with a name like 'Kaylum' you are opening yourself up to a flaying from mn'ters.

Lol at Queenofdenial

MissHonkover Mon 29-Aug-11 08:28:19

Don't understand what difference using a phone makes to grammar and spelling, surely you can still read it back and correct it?

Handily enough though, the autocorrect text for 'boyz' is 'boys'. Lol.

HoneyPablo Mon 29-Aug-11 08:38:25

Surely Kaylum will be pronounced kay-lum and not cal-lum? That's how I read it anyway.
I like Rowan and Tyler but not Harley. Rohan is nice too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now