Talk

Advanced search

Help with girls name- time running out!

(13 Posts)
MissTriangle Sun 28-Aug-11 09:16:33

Hello everyone,
I am in desperate need of help! Finding it so difficult to decide on a name for DD due in less than two weeks. Keep going round in circles. Ideas we like so far are...

Ava Florence
Evangeline Florence
Eva Florence
Eva arianwen
Carys anwen
Carys anwen Florence

I know Ava/Eva are everywhere but they are names I really like so don't want to completely rule them out on that basis alone.

For middle names I wanted a name with meaning- Florence is a family name and OH is welsh so have gone for one of those.

Other names we like-:
Matilda, ffion, seren, medi, emilia, Amelia, efa, Madeleine, Olivia.

Anyone like any of them? Last name is two syllables, begins with R.

Thanks, x

pamplemousserose Sun 28-Aug-11 09:19:24

Carys Anwen

CheerfulYank Sun 28-Aug-11 09:20:12

I love Evangeline. Ava/Eva are very pretty but I'm not overly keen on them just because I hear them all the time. Very nice names though!

I think Seren is really nice! I'd never heard it before Mumsnet and think it's great.

Really I like all of them, so I suppose I'm no help! smile But my favorites would be Evangeline and Seren.

HoneyPablo Sun 28-Aug-11 09:34:00

I love the name Seren. I think it means star in Welsh.
How about Seren Florence Evangeline? Has a nice ring to it

CurwySwide Sun 28-Aug-11 09:46:58

Love Carys, Ffion, Seren and Matilda.

Eva and Ava are very pretty but also well-used; Evangeline would probably become Evie which is also very popluar.

Cereal Sun 28-Aug-11 09:59:09

Evangeline Florence, Emilia Florence, Amelia Florence, Carys Anwen are all nice. Or how about Florence as first name?

GoingToHelenaHandcart Sun 28-Aug-11 11:51:54

Carys Anwen for me, lovely flow to the name.

tammy234 Sun 28-Aug-11 12:02:32

Carys Anwen is beautiful and sounds good together.

Yes, Ava/Eva are nice names but I feel they've lost some of their niceness by being everywhere these days, sorry.

DoMeDon Sun 28-Aug-11 12:25:00

Carys Anwen or Ava Anwen

muminthemiddle Sun 28-Aug-11 14:11:05

I like them all, which sounds best with your surname?
If I had to choose i would pick Evangeline.

MissTriangle Sun 28-Aug-11 16:36:53

Thanks for the advice everyone. Carys anwen seems to be a bit of a favourite, at least I feel I can narrow them down more.
As for which goes best with our surname... TBH any of them. Have a completely inoffensive surname which goes with anything really LOL x

fedupofnamechanging Sun 28-Aug-11 17:17:54

How about Evangeline Carys? Also love Seren.

brodanbell Sun 28-Aug-11 17:25:49

Evangeline Florence!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now