Talk

Advanced search

Henry

(33 Posts)
SecretCodesandBattleships Sat 27-Aug-11 08:10:43

Just wondering what people think of the name Henry. We made the fatal mistake of mentioning it to mil and she said 'Oh well if you like it' and her face was a classic you've got to be joking, I'm waiting for the punchline kind of face. Is it that bad??? We love it and it seems to fit with Joseph quite nicely who will be the other DT.

faverolles Sat 27-Aug-11 08:11:33

Lovely name.

BlueArmyGirl Sat 27-Aug-11 08:20:43

I have one! My Nan told me, many years after he was born and named, that when I told everyone what he was going to be called she though it was a be 'hooray' ish! Then she told me that actually she thought it quite suited him.

If I had Joseph as a name though I think I'd be looking for another 'biblical' name, but that's just me! grin

SecretCodesandBattleships Sat 27-Aug-11 08:36:06

Thank you both. I am a bit reluctant to use another biblical name as I am conscious of 'theming' them with them being twins. I want to give them the chance to be as individual as possible. Although that said, I do love the name Noah! But DH said Noooo!

BlueArmyGirl Sat 27-Aug-11 08:46:22

I liked Noah and I also liked Ruben (Ben for short) and Tobias (Toby for short) but DH wasn't up for any of those.

I am a themey sort of person so that's why, it is 'tidy' and makes sense - I'ma bit querky like that !

defineme Sat 27-Aug-11 08:52:31

Lovely-classic and solid.

sparkle12mar08 Sat 27-Aug-11 08:57:51

Perfectly decent name. Don't like it personally but that's mainly because ds2 has recently been targetted by a Henry and was being bitten quite badly two or three times a week at pre school. They did their best but this little Henry was a real problem.

CurwySwide Sat 27-Aug-11 09:40:34

Love the name Henry. Goes nicely with Joseph too.

Cereal Sat 27-Aug-11 09:44:51

It's a great name, a classic smile

SecretCodesandBattleships Sat 27-Aug-11 13:09:45

Thank u. Nothing really too negative there then. Just wondering why my mil had such a strong reaction to it. Just hope it doesn't put dh off as it's the only other name we have agreed on since e both loved Joseph. We are struggling.

proudfoot Sat 27-Aug-11 17:27:33

I love it. My mum also did that face when I mentioned it a few years ago though - not sure why! It is classic and quite popular so I'm not really sure what there is to object to.

missmiss Sat 27-Aug-11 17:32:45

I love Henry. Have to say, I don't like Joseph much. George and Frederick both go well with Henry.

MorallyBankrupt Sat 27-Aug-11 17:51:14

I think people hear 'hooray Henry', that's what DH said. Plus he is a Republican and thinks it's a very 'Royal Family loving' name!

It's very popular, a bit boring IMO.

Noah I like a lot more.

MorallyBankrupt Sat 27-Aug-11 17:56:59

Oh and how about Edward?

Papyrus Sat 27-Aug-11 18:51:57

I have a Henry and my mum also had some misgivings (prehaps a generational thing?). But it suits DS down to the ground and we couldn't imagine calling him anything else now!

MugglesandLuna Sat 27-Aug-11 18:57:50

My favourite boys name (DH doesnt like it though so never got to use it).

BlueArmyGirl Sat 27-Aug-11 19:05:18

Morally,

Regal theme of name for sure, 'Royal Family loving' most definately not grin

If we'd had another boy I wanted William (Will), Edward (Ed) or George

tryingtobemarypoppins2 Sat 27-Aug-11 19:07:03

I have one and he is fab! (very naughty too though ;) )

fuzzyfeltfox Mon 29-Aug-11 18:02:50

I think Henry needs a strong consonant sound in the surname e.g. Henry Carter sounds a strong name, Henry Smith sounds a bit wet IMO

RueyBoey Mon 29-Aug-11 18:14:18

Well I really like it's Dbro2 name (well he's Henri but it is basically the name). It is perfectly fine with Joseph (not too matchy matchy which I can't stand)

SecretCodesandBattleships Mon 29-Aug-11 18:17:42

Thank you. We are nowtorn between Henry and Charlie! Oh wish it was as easy as it was for DT1!

alittlebitshy Mon 29-Aug-11 18:22:36

Best boys name EVER. Biased? moi? Maybe grin

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 29-Aug-11 18:28:34

Henry Charles
(biased? moi? definitely) grin

seaweedhead Mon 29-Aug-11 18:30:06

I know a little Henry and he's adorable smile

SecretCodesandBattleships Mon 29-Aug-11 18:32:23

Haha thank you for the input! It seems to be more popular on here than in RL!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now