Talk

Advanced search

Baby Lady Gaga and Baby Will.I.Am

(23 Posts)
HeidiHole Fri 26-Aug-11 15:01:27

Did anyone see this article?

www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news/2011/08/24/cramlington-dad-planning-to-name-baby-will-i-am-72703-29293403/

Oh how I wish the parents had come onto MN first we could have saved those children!! grin

Scaevola Fri 26-Aug-11 15:05:15

Brother to Sam-I-Am?

(We've been re-reading granny's old copies of Dr Seuss today).

picnicbasketcase Fri 26-Aug-11 15:07:16

There should be a law against punctuation in names. Except hyphens I spose.

tallulah Fri 26-Aug-11 15:10:04

How pathetic is the mum?

"He’s done it once and so there’s nothing to stop him doing it again. He knows that he can go to the register the birth without me and he said if I try and stop him he would just go the register office on his own. I could still be in hospital and he could just go and do it. Once Ian has his head set on something he doesn’t go back on his word.”

Think I would be looking into registering the birth in the hospital.

HeidiHole Fri 26-Aug-11 15:15:17

I agree picnicbasket except maybe even hyphens

If that was my DH my quote would NOT be "oh he's done it once before <shrug> what can you do?"

Jbck Fri 26-Aug-11 15:16:28

I came on here thinking it was immense Sleb gossip! blush

MsChanandlerBong Fri 26-Aug-11 15:30:34

At the risk of sounding like a Daily Mail reader, it makes me question their suitability as parents if they can't even name their children without making it a joke.

I know it isn't as extreme as this: Parents ordered to change name However it is a similar case of people thinking they are being funny/clever and not being intelligent enough to see the implications.

<Climbs off high horse and gets back in to box>

kelly2000 Fri 26-Aug-11 15:33:46

The mother could easily change it if she wants using deedpoll. I notice the father is not changing his name from ian to something stupid.

wahwahwah Fri 26-Aug-11 15:36:35

Some people should just not be allowed to name children. It is generally the parents with names like John and Mary that names their children bloody stupid names...

SoupDragon Fri 26-Aug-11 15:42:10

He sounds like a bully to me.

MsChanandlerBong Fri 26-Aug-11 16:31:10

Good point Kelly2000. Perhaps he should change his name from Ian to Snoop Dogg, Rizzle Kicks or Pitbull. grin

HeidiHole Fri 26-Aug-11 17:01:10

Changing by deed poll doesn't alter your birth certificate though. Also there is no public record of a deed poll change - it is literally just a piece of paper that you've signed to say that you wish to be KNOWN by name xxxx you don't file it with the government.

Doesn't alter your recorded/given name in the register of births/deaths/marriages, or alter your BC

Fimbo Fri 26-Aug-11 17:04:26

I thought you could only register the name by yourself if you were married? Unmarrieds had to do it together, therefore the mum could have stopped him, surely?

Fimbo Fri 26-Aug-11 17:08:03

Who can register a birth

If the parents of the child are married, either the mother or the father can provide the information to the Registrar who will register the birth.

If the parents are not married:-

the mother can provide the information to the Registrar even when she is under 16 or
the father can provide the information but only if he has the agreement of the mother. She must give this agreement by signing a declaration (Form DPM) and the father must sign a declaration (Form 27). From 4 May 2006, if an unmarried father jointly registers the birth of his child with the child's mother he will automatically acquire parental responsibilities and rights towards the child

As I thought, he can't just go and do it by himself.

mathanxiety Fri 26-Aug-11 17:14:24

If I were that mum I would be packing the bags of young Maddy, the Quisling.

Meggie Maisie is terrible thing to call a child.

A change of the dad's name to Something Stupid would be so appropriate, Kelly2000.

Jbck Fri 26-Aug-11 17:19:06

You can change your child's name on their birth certificate up to 12 months after their birth iirc so clearly she likes it or is too dumb to do anything about it.

SoupDragon Fri 26-Aug-11 17:45:33

"As I thought, he can't just go and do it by himself"

Except they refer to the mother as being his wife.

Fimbo Fri 26-Aug-11 17:51:29

Yes but it also says:-

Ian’s partner Melanie Robinson

and he is Ian Clark

thisisyesterday Fri 26-Aug-11 17:56:14

i would presume they are marrried, otherwise she would know he can't do it

that said, from what it says it seems that they BOTH registered the other child.

i rather suspect that the mum likes all the fuss and isn't that bothered, if she was she wouldn't just sit there going "oh he'll do it anyway"

scarlettlips Fri 26-Aug-11 18:51:45

hmm confused At least he can be William..when he's older

his name aside.....
'he told his four-year-old stepdaughter Maddy he would name her new sister after her favourite pop princess' Meggie Maisie Lady Gaga.

WTF a 4 knows about Lady Gaga...really! how sad

Hulababy Fri 26-Aug-11 21:50:10

Up til 12m then the baby's name on the birth certificate can be changed. Mum could have looked into that.

SoupDragon Sat 27-Aug-11 07:27:54

Lots of people don't'change their name when they marry, Fimbo. The article doesn't make it clear whether they are married or not... in fact it does a good job of fluffing that info!

lolajane2009 Sat 27-Aug-11 20:12:14

Extremely stupid father and mother has no backbone it appears.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now