Talk

Advanced search

Rhyming with siblings name (not by choice!)

(12 Posts)
moominliz Thu 25-Aug-11 14:03:24

One of my favourite names is Polly however, DP has a daughter from his previous marriage called Molly.
They wouldn't be together much (would be at different scools, etc.) but don't want it to sound silly or gimicky.
What are your opinions?

RueyBoey Thu 25-Aug-11 14:13:17

Whether they will be in the same school or how much time you perceive they will spend together. They will be sisters and Polly and Molly just sound like a pair of characters from a enid blyton book.

Far too similar (if DSD was a DD for you would you chose to name DD2 Polly? if DD1 was Molly? - Plus your DP would have two daughters called Polly and Molly.)

Sorry not good.

moominliz Thu 25-Aug-11 14:29:26

Thats exactly what I was thinking!
DP doesn't seem to see the issue which then made me think I was perhaps over-analysing!

vanfurgston Thu 25-Aug-11 14:38:50

how abt lucy. polly /molly noooooo

Cereal Thu 25-Aug-11 17:03:13

Too similar IMO, sorry.

How about Pippa, Penny, Maisie?

LittleWhiteWolf Thu 25-Aug-11 17:06:24

I think it would be lovely if they were kittens. But not for children. Imagine your DH forever telling people: "I have two daughters called Polly and Molly."

It is a lovely name though. How about as a middle name?

PorkChopSter Thu 25-Aug-11 17:11:03

Do you have a son called Oliver?

In fact, what about Olivia nn Olly?

plinkplonk Thu 25-Aug-11 17:26:03

One of the tricky things about being a SM, I think. I certainly took my dss's name into account (and DH very definitely did) when it came to names. Similar-sounding boys' names were discounted automatically.

andthisisme Thu 25-Aug-11 17:33:45

It's too similar. What about Poppy?

Offspring Fri 26-Aug-11 03:12:10

I like Polly but not with Molly I'm afraid.

Suggesting Josephine nn Posie?

moominliz Fri 26-Aug-11 09:26:42

I like the idea of using it as a middle name, for some reason that had never occured to me!

muminthemiddle Fri 26-Aug-11 11:03:02

They sound silly together and both girls are your dps daughters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now