Talk

Advanced search

Naming our triplets!

(12 Posts)
curlwur200 Thu 25-Aug-11 10:46:43

Wow, I never thought I would be saying this, but me and my DH are expecting triplets! On the 2nd October we are due ID boys and a girl to join our first DD, Sofia. So anyway, as their arrival is drawing closer, we have realised that we are no where near chosing any names! We like traditional, older names but also don't want our sons and daughter to be one of many children with the same name. When it comes to middle names we prefer more unusual names. That's probably enough of my babbling now, what do you think of these possible names?

Camilla Evangeline
Alicia Clementine
Cassidy Delilah

Douglas Leopold
Kristopher Angus
Michael Lucian

saffronwblue Thu 25-Aug-11 10:51:41

Congratulations, how exciting! My favourites from this list are Camilla Evangeline, Michael and Douglas. Would it bother you to have Michael and Douglas?
I'm not a twin or triplet veteran but would imagine that it is important to have three names that are really different from each other to help them develop thier own identities.

Ineedacoffee Thu 25-Aug-11 10:58:34

I like all the girls names <unhelful> although my favourite 3 would be Camilla, Clementine and Cassidy (seem to have a C thing going on today)

Not sold on the boys - I don't really get Kristopher with a K unless you're european? A fiends little boy is Angus nn Gus which is actually very sweet.

I agree with Saffron in that different sounding mnames is the way to go so from that point of view any combination is good.

Congratulations btw

AnnMarie82 Thu 25-Aug-11 11:07:43

Congratulations, you've got a great list here! To go with your daughters name I would go with Cassidy, Douglas and Kristopher but that's just me. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Ineedacoffee Thu 25-Aug-11 11:13:27

God sorry my typing is awful

exoticfruits Thu 25-Aug-11 11:22:14

I love Christopher-why put a K and make the poor DS have a lifetime of correcting people?
I like Alicia Clementine and Michael but not the rest.

exoticfruits Thu 25-Aug-11 11:23:12

Therefore Christopher, Michael and Alicia.

GwendolineMaryLacey Thu 25-Aug-11 11:27:48

Love them all except Cassidy which is really at odds with your other choices and I really don't like it. Otherwise they're all lovely.

Not keen on Christopher with a K unless, as has been said, there is a reason for it and its not just a whim.

scarlettlips Thu 25-Aug-11 12:07:28

This is something I noticed when my younger twin ID brothers were little...
Have names which are roughly the same length to spell...the first thing you try and write is your own name. The twin with the longer names get's very annoyed (or maybe that was just my brother! smile)

Alicia Clementine - Very Sweet and works well with DD1. Alice would also be lovely.

Douglas Leopold and imo Angus Kristopher. Also if you do have Kristopher as a first name please spell it with a 'C'.

Don't forget to pack nail polish in your hospital bag..very useful to know which ID twin boy is which!!!! grin

Good luck with everything.. xx

TwoIfBySea Thu 25-Aug-11 17:18:43

Totally envious of you. I loved when dts (now 9 1/2) were little & would have loved triplets! My cousin's dd's best friend was followed by twins and then triplets, the mum always has a full house. Cousin in awe but I'd love that.

I like Camilla, Kristopher and Douglas. I put a little scrunchy type hair band round dts2's ankle even though not ID. Good luck & enjoy every minute, it passes too quickly.

TwoIfBySea Thu 25-Aug-11 17:18:43

Totally envious of you. I loved when dts (now 9 1/2) were little & would have loved triplets! My cousin's dd's best friend was followed by twins and then triplets, the mum always has a full house. Cousin in awe but I'd love that.

I like Camilla, Kristopher and Douglas. I put a little scrunchy type hair band round dts2's ankle even though not ID. Good luck & enjoy every minute, it passes too quickly.

plinkplonk Thu 25-Aug-11 17:24:07

Oh I love both Camilla Evangeline and Alicia Clementine (not so keen on Cassidy). My taste for boys' names is different, but I would have Christopher rather than Kristopher;

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now