Talk

Advanced search

Marcia? Orla? Sadie?

(14 Posts)
birdofthenorth Tue 23-Aug-11 15:58:56

My current faves for girls (or at least the ones DH favours too!) are Marcia, Orla & Sadie (not necessarily in that order!).

What do you think? MN to be Judith (family link).

Do your worst, I can take it! <runs>

PipFEH Tue 23-Aug-11 16:06:55

Like Orla and Sadie - especially Sadie! Marcia is ok, but it's one of those where people will have different ideas about pronunciation - mar-cee-a or marsh-a - which could get annoying for you and her!

ohbabybaby Tue 23-Aug-11 16:29:31

Orla and Sadie both lovely. I don't like Marcia, partly because of pronounciation confusion (as above) but also because it sounds rather 'harsh' to me (can't explain why!)

Annakin31 Tue 23-Aug-11 16:31:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mathanxiety Tue 23-Aug-11 16:58:51

Marcia reminds me of The Brady Bunch. [gack]

Orla Judith would be a lovely combination. Sadie Judith is a little clunky but if you were to use Sara on the BC it would be a bit more elegant. However, you are probably not going to call her by both names.

I think I prefer Sadie overall. Judith is gorgeous.

TeamEdward Tue 23-Aug-11 17:04:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Stokey38 Tue 23-Aug-11 17:05:37

I love Sadie!

InstantAtom Tue 23-Aug-11 17:22:15

Sadie and Marcia both very nice smile

Orla a bit lacking in consonants and becoming more of a fashion name ATM.

Shomac Wed 24-Aug-11 05:34:52

Orla is lovely. Would've been my girls name choice but I'm waiting for my third boy!

Sadie = Sadie Frost..
Marcia - I worked with one who was lazy and it's ruined it for me, sorry!

KenDoddsDadsDog Wed 24-Aug-11 06:50:21

I have an Orla (Irish) and know several grown up Orlas. Have never heard them called Oral. It's a top 20 name in Ireland and Scotland and has been for years. Very traditional, but also identifies you as a certain religion in some areas. And if you can't pronounce it properly it's not pretty (Awla instead of Orla)
Also love love love Sadie.

hester Wed 24-Aug-11 07:27:15

Sadie is lovely, and Orla is nice too. Marcia ok but not really one for me.

lizzieloubee1 Wed 24-Aug-11 08:09:52

I like Orla, but her initial will be OJ, I.e. orange juice. Does that matter?

MummysLittleSunbeams Wed 24-Aug-11 09:34:46

I have a Sadie - fantastic name!

WiiUnfit Wed 24-Aug-11 09:52:56

I don't like Marcia (sorry), I like Orla & I love Sadie. I went to school with a Sadie, she was lovely & incredibly beautiful smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now