Talk

Advanced search

Boy's name

(10 Posts)
comedaygoday Tue 23-Aug-11 14:57:34

Hi All. Have 2 DS and am expecting DC3. Not going to find out gender so am trying to find both boy's and girl's names. Our existing sons have unusual biblical names so ideally would like another biblical name. So far we are considering:

Samuel Arthur - DS1 loves the name Samuel and I like it too, just a bit gingerbread because it's a lot more used that DS1 and DS2 name and would hate DS 3 to feel less special.

Abraham Thomas - like this, but is it too weird?

Thanks and please be honest.

comedaygoday Tue 23-Aug-11 14:59:49

Sorry meant that Samuel was more widely used. Don't know what phone did there.

mayanna123 Tue 23-Aug-11 15:01:01

Love Abraham - classic and not overused.

Sam is ok but very widely used already.

Kytti Tue 23-Aug-11 15:01:37

I don't think Abraham is weird at all. Once you start using it over and over, it takes on a new light I think. All depends on weather you shorten names or not. I don't like shortening names myself, but that's me. Samuel is also good, but you shouldn't be afraid of using Abraham if that's what you like. Good luck!

tammytoby Tue 23-Aug-11 15:03:44

I think Abraham is a great name - well known, not weird at all. Personally I find it nicer than Samuel (Sam) which is a little dull in comparison, sorry.

RueDeWakening Tue 23-Aug-11 15:06:26

Friend called her baby Ezra for much the same reasons as you. Aaron was the other name she considered.

Iamkenny Tue 23-Aug-11 15:09:00

Abraham I like it - not sure with the Thomas though

What about

Moses
Abel
Uri
Adam
Saul
Amzi
levi
Elijah
Ezekiel
Asher
Obil
Elidad
Ozem
Rosh
Solomon

I would give so girl unusual biblical names but tbh I don't like the very unusual ones (and I sruggle to like the 'normal' nes eg Ruth) But Ester is nice as is Sarah

Bumpsadaisie Tue 23-Aug-11 15:15:26

Ooh, if our DC2 (due Oct) is a boy he will be Thomas Abraham!

So definitely like Abraham Thomas! Bram as a nickname esp good, but Abe ok too.

comedaygoday Tue 23-Aug-11 16:17:58

Thanks all. That's a lot more positive than I feared. We won't decide for definite until DS 3 is born but Abraham may be on shortlist.

InstantAtom Tue 23-Aug-11 18:05:37

Abraham Thomas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now