Talk

Advanced search

Traditional names for boys

(11 Posts)
stripeybump Tue 23-Aug-11 13:16:45

So it's a boy!

At the 12wk scan they thought it was a girl so we had lots of pretty girls' names all ready. Back to square one after the 20wk scan where we comprehensively found out it was a boy.

So we have...

James (nn Jamie)

What else might my DH like? He has power of veto now it's a boy, and he doesn't like any of my choices - Ben (too Jewish apparently confused ) , Noah (too 'out there') or Joshua (too 'black') ! We both like Matthew but it's his boss's name so he won't call him that. Aaarggghhhh.

cece Tue 23-Aug-11 13:19:50

Jonathan
John
Mark
Paul
Thomas
Gregory
Rory
Daniel
Christopher
Luke
Toby
David
Oliver

sonniebonnie Tue 23-Aug-11 13:21:18

Dominic
Quentin
Nicholas

Iamkenny Tue 23-Aug-11 13:25:02

Michael
Zachary (but if he thinks Ben is too jewish maybe not confused)
Stephan
William
Jonathan
Alexander
Barnaby
Jude
Peter
Joseph
Isaac (again his 'jewish' thing)
Levi (agin 'jewish' but there is a different Levi in N.T)

snice Tue 23-Aug-11 13:26:08

Edward?

iwouldgoouttonight Tue 23-Aug-11 13:27:39

William
Oliver
George
Joseph
Isaac
Andrew
Samuel

stripeybump Tue 23-Aug-11 13:33:47

I love Oliver. It's at no.1 though - does that mean there will be 3 more in his school class?

Will show DH these suggestions. I like Jude too but that's def too 'out there' for him!

Thomas a possibility.

Christopher is DH's name - the main purpose in finding a good name is to prevent him calling him Chris Jr....!

Collision Tue 23-Aug-11 13:35:10

Kit (good nn for Christopher)

Edward

Michael

David

Charles

Henry

Philip

iwouldgoouttonight Tue 23-Aug-11 13:37:43

My DS has a traditional name and its quite popular (which was a surprise as we chose it because it wasn't popular at the time). Although now I don't mind it being popular - I love the name, it suits DS and he quite likes it when he finds other children with the same name!

stripeybump Tue 23-Aug-11 13:37:55

I just don't love any of them sad

Why are boys harder than girls? I was really psyched up for a girl and am a bit sad. I think if we name it it will help me to bond with it while it's inside me.

cece Tue 23-Aug-11 13:41:22

You know what I agree, I didn't love any of my boys names but hey I love them and so I love their name iyswim. My boys all have traditional 'normal' names and tbh I am glad we chose them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now