Talk

Advanced search

DTs Joseph and Toby

(6 Posts)
SecretCodesandBattleships Tue 23-Aug-11 08:39:17

We are expecting twin boys in October. We both love Joseph dispite being told it's really popular now.

It doesnt really put us off. Toby is the only other boys name we can agree on.

Do they seem to 'fit' together or is Toby too modern to go with Joseph? Or does it even matter?

Any other boy name suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

randomimposter Tue 23-Aug-11 09:10:20

I LOVE Joseph - think it's classic and timeless, has gravitas without being stuffy. And Joe is a great nn.
I'm not a massive fan of Toby (I worked with one once who was a bit of an eejit). And tbh I don't think it sounds quite right with Joseph.

With Joseph I would pair it with Gregory (Greg), Benedict (Ned), Finnian (Finn) or Redmond (Red).

Or Toby and Hugo/Caspar/Miles.

Very envy of twin boys, congratulations smile.

Iamkenny Tue 23-Aug-11 12:16:30

I don't like Joseph but I like Joe and in a odd way they do go together. I don't think twins name have to be very very matchy. Just go together like normal siblings names, I always think.

Apostle names would go, or names of that illic
Joseph and Andrew, Joseph and Simon (but I can't see that on a small child), Joseph and Thomas, Joseph and Mattew and Joseph and Luke

Toby would go with less traditional names that looks shorter eg Nate, Hugh, Matt

JennaTailor Tue 23-Aug-11 14:41:31

Joseph & Tobias go together well (on BC) ....NN Joe and Toby (also go together well)

ButHeNeverDid Tue 23-Aug-11 14:51:01

Although they don't need to be matchy matchy, they should be equally easy to spell.

They will be learningtoread and write at the same time and it would be frustrating for the twin with the harder name.

Kytti Tue 23-Aug-11 15:04:25

Doesn't matter a jot. I have twins and their names are completely different. I wouldn't worry too much about school spelling, it's not so important you should change their NAMES. Joseph & Toby sound fine together. Go with what you like! It doesn't matter at all what other people think. Even me! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now