Talk

Advanced search

Advice, please tell me what you think.....

(8 Posts)
Confusedaboutname Mon 22-Aug-11 08:21:45

Ok so ignoring no defo first name yet, ds middle name will be Anthony, but I am a little concerned as it will be a mouthful with our surname which is **ley. Does having 2 names ending in y, even if it is just the middle have to be a problem?

Also any suggestions for first names?

Tia

Confusedaboutname Mon 22-Aug-11 08:23:14

Our surname came out wrong because of the bold bit.

It's xxxxley

InstantAtom Mon 22-Aug-11 08:40:32

Firstname Anthony ----ley sounds fine smile

If the first or middle name ended in ly or ley, then it would be too much with your surname. So better to avoid "Finley ----ley" etc.

Something else to consider is whether the initials would spell a word, as lots of three-letter words have a vowel in the middle. E.g. if your surname started with G, then Benjamin Anthony ----ley would have the initials BAG.

How about

Charles Anthony ----ley
David Anthony ----ley
George Anthony ----ley
James Anthony ----ley
William Anthony ----ley
Isaac Anthony ----ley

eaglewings Mon 22-Aug-11 08:47:28

How about adding in a second middle name to break up the y and ley.
More important is what initials spell as instant says.

Ephiny Mon 22-Aug-11 13:41:57

I don't think it's a problem for the middle name at all. As long as the first name doesn't end in 'y' as well, that would start to sound a bit odd!

theworldspins Mon 22-Aug-11 14:15:59

I don't think with a middle name it is much of a problem, just not a -y first name. I always think a middle name doesn't have to go with the surname - mine doesn't.

Confusedaboutname Mon 22-Aug-11 14:44:54

Thanks everyone. Think it was that thing when you say it again and again any word sounds wrong, iyswim grin

Don't really want two middle names, dd has two again after people so I - it.

MsChanandlerBong Tue 23-Aug-11 08:46:59

Apart from the first few weeks, how often are people called (out loud) their full name including middle names? I reckon in my 35 years on the planet, probably only about 6 times, and all of those in jest by my sister!! So I wouldn't worry about it.

Actually, even if the first and surnames end in a 'y' sound I wouldn't worry about it too much. My first name and surname both end in 'a' sounds (both pre and post-marriage names!), and I am surviving OK smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now