Talk

Advanced search

Beatrice, Charlotte, Claudia, Alice, Marina, Cosima, Katherine (Kit), Angelica or Hamish, Charles, Kitt, Arthur, Alexander, George, Tristan, Thomas, Fraser and Campbell.

(44 Posts)
scarlettlips Thu 18-Aug-11 15:55:09

Okay..so hit me with it...what do you all think..no idea of name order at all!!

DH wants next DD to be called Bebe or Bibi....I've told him that whist I have no problem with this as a nn she needs a 'real' name..Beatrice or Beatrix, he's not keen. DD's middle name is Elizabeth after my late mother..quite like Eliza but maybe a bit close to Elizabeth!!

DD is Honor.

Girls: Beatrice, Charlotte, Claudia, Alice, Marina, Cosima, Katherine (Kit), Angelica.

Boys: Hamish, Charles, Kitt, Arthur, Alexander, George, Tristan, Thomas (DH's fav) Fraser and Campbell.

Middle names: ??
Philippa
Katherine or Catherine
Richard,
John,
Robert,
Hugh or
Edward

TIA smile

PamBeesly Thu 18-Aug-11 16:24:29

I like Beatrice, Charlotte, Marina and Alice and for the boys I like Charles, George and Arthur, good luck smile

Hope88 Thu 18-Aug-11 16:35:48

What about Babette?

magicmelons Thu 18-Aug-11 16:53:32

I think you can have any name you like and still call her Bebe as a nickname. My best friend growing up was named Emily on her BC but everyone called her Coco to this day she is still a Coco.

I like all of your girls names.

magicmelons Thu 18-Aug-11 16:54:18

Boys names, love Kitt, in fact might steal it.

tortilla Thu 18-Aug-11 16:57:42

For a boy, Kit rather than Kitt I reckon - Kitt being the spelling of the Knight Rider car smile I like that, Alexander and Hamish. Thomas is lovely but very very very popular I find.

I think I have similar taste in girls names to you - Beatrice and Catherine were on my shortlist. We ended up with a Genevieve nn Ginny. Also like Charlotte (lottie is sweet as a nn) and Alice and Claudia. Personally I think Angelica and Cosima are too frilly ballerina-ey

TwoIfBySea Thu 18-Aug-11 16:58:30

Jeez I can't see a name there I don't like & your dd's name is equally gorgeous! Do you spend ages with name books? I love finding out how and why people picked their dcs names.

scarlettlips Thu 18-Aug-11 17:03:30

Ohhh maybe I could have a Charlotte nn Coco....

Hope adds to list! hmm

magicmelons nooooooo {stomp stomp} grin grin steal away my love. Need to be brave..ohhh and have a boy!

CurwySwide Thu 18-Aug-11 17:08:42

Beatrice or Claudia - absolutely love Claudia in fact.

Hamish, Arthur or George - all gorgeous. George wins it for me but Hamish a very close second.

scarlettlips Thu 18-Aug-11 17:13:08

Yes we would spell it Kitt if we had a boy. I don't dislike Thomas but it's just a bit..well...blaaaa for me personal.

Twoifbysea Well thank you!! Had a flick through a book but gave up quite quickly as it was driving DH mad grin Ever time I heard a name I liked or if it pooped into my head I wrote it down. Honor is a family name going back 4 gen so delighted that we could use it.

Name picking is tricky tricky...sadly DH won't let us have more than 2 children...booooo sad

HalfPastSeven Thu 18-Aug-11 17:18:35

I know a Phoebe who sometimes gets called Be or Bebe.

scarlettlips Thu 18-Aug-11 17:21:18

I total forgot to add India to my girls list. Duhhh blush

I love the nn Indy.

What do you think?

Girls: Beatrice = lovely
Charlotte = nice,
Claudia = nice,
Alice = lovely,
Marina = not terribly fond,
Cosima = hate this, sorry,
Katherine (Kit) = love Catherine and Kitty but not Kit,
Angelica = horrible, sorry.

Boys:
Hamish = no,
Charles = fine,
Kitt = like Kit as nn for Christopher,
Arthur = no,
Alexander = okay,
George = no,
Tristan = the best by a mile,
Thomas (DH's fav) = fine
Fraser = don't like
Campbell = really, really don't like, sorry.

Middle names are all good except for Richard which I'm not so fond of.

magicmelons Thu 18-Aug-11 17:23:49

India is top of my list at the moment but rather concerned about how many people may use it in the next year, its on alot of mn name lists.

scarlettlips Thu 18-Aug-11 17:29:30

Remus thanks for your feedback. No sorry's needed. I'm Scottish so hence a few Scottish names in the mix. Clearly my real name isn't Scarlett. Love the name Iona but with Honor just sounds silly.

Magic is India about to get popular..clearly missed that one?!?!

Honor is lovely.

Beatrice Catherine or Tristan John go fantastically with Honor imho. smile

magicmelons Thu 18-Aug-11 18:13:27

I only know one but mentioned in a thread yesterday that my friend who's dd is in prep in Manchester is inundated with them. She reckons there are loads and since then I notice it gets recommended a lot on MN girls names threads, still love it as does DH.

BaaBaaHerdwickSheep Thu 18-Aug-11 20:37:09

I have a cousin Phoebe who's known as BiBi, if that's any help

weegiemum Thu 18-Aug-11 20:44:03

Katherine (I have an 11yo one) who I have let choose her own nn (she is Kathy in school).

I like Fraser for a boy but am scottish which might affect that.

Aidan
Seumas
Logan
Lewis

Rachel
Leila
Lucy
Annabel
Isobel

????

holyShmoley Fri 19-Aug-11 08:30:32

we have a beatrice (nn Bea ). She is Beatrice Alice (both family names)

Tillyscoutsmum Fri 19-Aug-11 09:14:15

Love Beatrice & Claudia. Charlotte is pretty but very popular ime. Katherine is a bit ... meh - I like Kitty as a nn but there are a lot of Kate\Katie's around.

Don't like Marina, Cosima, Angelica or India

Boys: Like Hamish, Fraser and Alexander. Quite like Tristan too

Charles, George and Thomas all ok but popular and a teensy bit dull. Like Kit but not Kitt for some reason ? hmm Campbell is a family surname so I struggle to think of it as a first name

YaMaYaMa Fri 19-Aug-11 09:19:44

Eliza is a nickname for Elizabeth. Beatrice/beatrix is lovely and I love the nn BiBi.

scarlettlips Fri 19-Aug-11 10:25:48

Thank you for everyone's feedback. I'm aware that Eliza is a nn for Elizabeth. dam it smile

Remus and Holy Tristan John and Beatrice Alice are lovely and I think really flow with Honor.

For me current fav's are (in no order) Hamish, Kitt, Tristan, Frazer, Beatrice, Comisa, Charlotte, Claudia and India.

DH....Bibi and Thomas!!

Clearly i'm indecisive...blush

scarlettlips Sat 20-Aug-11 11:28:20

DH has vetoed Tristan John, he seems to think it will get shorted to TJ hmm
He like Beatrice Alice but made the link to 'B.A.' Baracus. Now it's all i can think off. Dam it, Dam him!! grin

He's also said no too: Marina and India.
He's said India's too middle class..shock shock we are middle class..and our daughter call Honor (FFS)

brew

Boobz Sat 20-Aug-11 11:39:24

Think you might be me, as a lot of my fave names are on your list (currently pregnant with DC3)

For a girl from your list, I think Claudia Catherine (but actually like Claudia Alice better - flows nicer)

and boys, I think Kitt Edward (but full name Christian Edward, known as Kitt).

Love them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now