Talk

Advanced search

Oscar, Henry Jacob, Otis, Sonny Jim....

(11 Posts)
sarjd Wed 17-Aug-11 11:26:00

ok, so not the last one. I'm struggling to find inspiration for a name for boy to be, brother to Otelia. It needs to work in Spanish and English. Having named DD Otelia, I don't really want a top100 boys name but haven't yet found anything I love. DH hates Otis and just thinks of lifts. Does anyone have any brilliant ideas? Why are unusual girls names easier? Henry is the one name we've agreed on so far and you can't get more traditional than that (although worrying Iglesias connection in Spanish!). He's clearly going to be cheeky, beautiful and brilliant at everything smile

mayanna123 Wed 17-Aug-11 11:28:15

If you want a similarly underused name as Otelia (which is lovely) then I would avoid Oscar, Henry/Harry and Jacob - they are all very widely used already (imo overused).

I do like Otis but it might be too much with Otelia. I'm not keen on Sonny as it sounds too twee.

How about
Otelia and Quentin
Otelia and Xavier
Otelia and Marcus

Chocolocolate Wed 17-Aug-11 11:31:06

Otelia is lovely :-)

I love Henry - it's our number one choice, but it is quite popular. In fact I think that all of the boys names that you've mentioned are in the top 100.

Milo?

tammytoby Wed 17-Aug-11 11:34:10

I really like Otelia (not heard it before) - it is elegant and not overused.

Your boys' suggestions are indeed much more popular already especially Henry and Oscar. Depends if that bothers you or not. PErsonally I think there are nicer, less popular names that would go better with Otelia.

Sausagesarenottheonlyfruit Wed 17-Aug-11 11:43:04

I used to know a very nice Pablo

Sausagesarenottheonlyfruit Wed 17-Aug-11 11:45:17

Inigo

Paulo

Christian

YouDoTheMath Wed 17-Aug-11 12:31:35

Luca.

Quenelle Wed 17-Aug-11 16:53:56

Shame. I liked Sonny smile

MockingbirdsNotForSale Wed 17-Aug-11 17:23:53

I second Xavier. Is it not Javier in Spanish? Milo sounds good too.
Benjamin works in both languages but is probably in the top 100
Caleb
David
Felix
Gabriel
Jorge
Vincent
Abraham

Buriedundernappies Wed 17-Aug-11 20:24:23

How about Orlando?

Its of Spanish origin i think. And Otelia and Orlando go well together smile

MackerelOfFact Thu 18-Aug-11 17:24:45

I was going to suggest Otto until I saw your DD was Otelia, might be a bit too similar!

Maybe Casper?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now