Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

10 days left till due date, still NO names! eeek help me!

(13 Posts)
danio7 Mon 15-Aug-11 16:37:50

DH and I actually have no names at all- we have absolutely zero on the radar for boys and are toying with Freya or Hazel for a girl.
The only issue with the girls names is that we would like a very feminine middle name, perhaps floral, but not Rose!

Your suggestions for either a girls middle name or a boys first name would be greatly appreciated, we are both so fussy!!

Maybe we should just call it Baby?! wink

InstantAtom Mon 15-Aug-11 16:51:38

Boys:

Oliver
Edward
Daniel
William
Gabriel
Joshua
Alexander
George
Richard
Theodore/Theo
Frederick/Freddie
Samuel

Girls:

Willow
Amelia
Violet
Lucy
Jennifer
Coralie
Georgia
Edith
Lily
Rebecca
Annabel
Laurel

MockingbirdsNotForSale Mon 15-Aug-11 21:47:10

Boys:
Montgomery (Monty)
Charles
Henry
Gabriel
Benjamin
Christopher (Kit)
Alexander
Peter
Euan
Rory

Girls Middle Names:

Daisy
Violet (sounds nice with Freya)
Tulip
Rosa
Petunia
Petra
Jasmine
Bryony
Poppy
Primrose
Zinnia
Iolanthe (Greek for violet)
Jacinta
Leilani (sounds great with Freya)
Rosemary

I think if you go with Hazel as a first name, perhaps you should not have a flowery middle name. So to go with Hazel:

Xanthe
Juliet
Marie
Elizabeth
Sophia
Charlotte
Virginia

hth

kittensliveupstairs Tue 16-Aug-11 08:01:39

It goes without saying that the boy's name of choice is Duncan, the girl? I think Lydia, Anna or Ellen. HTH.

Poshbaggirl Tue 16-Aug-11 08:24:22

Fleur?
Joseph?

somewherewest Tue 16-Aug-11 08:56:37

"Maybe we should just call it Baby?!"

Or Junior, a la Peter Andre/ Katie Price? grin Or maybe not...

SaffronCake Tue 16-Aug-11 12:01:31

Baby is a very good name... In the Philippines.

With 10 days to go and 2 front runner names I really think you don't need more confusing suggestions from us so much as just to wait to meet her and see what feels right when you do. Freya and Hazel are goreous names with lots of potential middle names and you've got 6 weeks (42 days) to make your mind up after the birth anyhow. Don't sweat it.

SaffronCake Tue 16-Aug-11 12:10:24

Ooooh, I just re-read the original post, you have nothing for a boy at all, sorry, I missed that on the first look.

Here are a variety of boys names to get you started.

Oliver
Augustus
Matthew
Archie
Sebastian
Hugo
Freddy
Alexander
Trevelyan
Rowan
Xavier
Miles
Simeon
Mark/Marcus
Kit
Christopher
Theodore
Jonathan
Peregrine
Peter
River
Isaac
Andrew

What kind of names are more appealing, rarer or more normal, outlandish or sensible, historic or modern, celtic-y, greek-y, royal names or nature inspired names maybe? What are you finding yourself drawn to? What do you want his name to say about him?

FannyAnnPam Tue 16-Aug-11 16:58:07

I love the name Hazel (my mum's name) and I was going to call our first DD Hazel Fay but DH has vetoed it. So it is on the market looking for a good home!

We are now going for GracieMae Hazel for a girl and Jacob James Andrew for a boy. smile

krisskross Tue 16-Aug-11 17:02:16

wait til you see your lovely baby. we took two weeks to decide first time round and second time round three weeks! the child will have the name forever, so dont rush it smile

nikkilouise1989 Tue 16-Aug-11 17:28:24

boys names i've chosen are either Zack, Alfie or Ethan xx

babycham42 Tue 16-Aug-11 17:32:43

I love Hebe as a girls middle name. Flowery but unusual.
Dylan my fave for a boy.

deburca Tue 16-Aug-11 18:42:37

i love Oisin (osh-een) gorgeous name for a boy. Love Roisin (Rosh-een) for a girl - although obviously wouldnt work for twins! lol

I think Roisin is rose actually

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now