Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions please!

(10 Posts)
LittlePebble Sat 13-Aug-11 07:49:05

I love the name Edith for our baby if it's a girl with Edie as a nn. However my sister is pg too and has decided they are calling their girl Evie. We live five minutes from each other so if I have a girl as well I think it will be too similar to have Edie and Evie growing up together. I cannot find any other names I like as much except Genevieve but DP has vetoed this as he knows someone with a daughter called Genevieve. Can you think of anything similar?

rubyslippers Sat 13-Aug-11 08:02:44

USe the name you love

Evie and Edie are similar but it wouldn't put me off

Also, you may have a boy!

groak Sat 13-Aug-11 08:04:45

Pippa
Corah
Thea

Are you wanting a sort of short, choppy sounding 2 syllable name or longer name?

Finula

TBH, if you rally like your name I'd stick with it. Although the dcs will be cousins they will have ever increasing social cirles so they're not constantly going to be togather?

groak Sat 13-Aug-11 08:04:57

Rally?? Really!

EdithWeston Sat 13-Aug-11 08:21:46

I think an Edie / Evie combination would be OK.

But if you really don't want it, I don't think Genevieve wouldn't be any better, despite being a lovely name, as it still ends "Eve".

You and your DSis clearly have very similar tastes!

How about: Elspeth, Arianne, Ellen, Guinevere/Jennifer, Georgette?

InstantAtom Sat 13-Aug-11 08:26:02

I like the name Edie. Genevieve may be nicknamed Evie so that wouldn't solve the problem of similar names.

How about Elsie, Clara, Elodie, Josephine (Josie), Jennifer, Eloise, Nina, Grace, Ruby, Georgia, Mary?

kittensliveupstairs Sat 13-Aug-11 09:12:21

Anna or Ellen would get my vote. I know they aren't included in your list but I'm just throwing them in for consideration.
FWIW, the two you mention are different names.

PercyFilth Sat 13-Aug-11 11:10:35

Judith.

Similar sound, not very often heard, nice shortened to Judy.

Still got the iconic singer thing going on, just Garland for Piaf grin

kittensliveupstairs Sat 13-Aug-11 11:13:20

ooh, I like that percy, I would shorten it to Jude probably.
Get's excited and it's not even my thread.

SaffronCake Sat 13-Aug-11 12:56:28

Although Evie and Edie are very similar there is something quite cute about that. I don't think you need totally rule it out, speak to sis and see if she finds it cute too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now