Talk

Advanced search

Middle name for ..

(13 Posts)
Valiant1 Wed 10-Aug-11 19:51:40

Abbygail....

We have a dd called Genevieve Erin.. and dsd is Amanda Sarah..

I have Julie or Josephine..

any ideas?

MelinaM Wed 10-Aug-11 23:15:49

I prefer the spelling Abigailsmile

How about:

Beatrice
Catharine
Charlotte
Elizabeth
Faye
Iris
Jemima
Marie
Olive
Paloma
Rebekah
Scarlett
Victoria
Violet

SaffronCake Wed 10-Aug-11 23:25:46

Abigail would be easier, variant spellings can make for lots of totally unneccessary hassle.

Ellen
Sophia
Harriet
Georgina/Georgia
Anne

Valiant1 Thu 11-Aug-11 09:16:32

Abbygail is how its been spelt as DH mum bought her a name plaque for her door on holiday sad but never mind x

I like Anne and Ellen and Marie x

GwendolineMaryLacey Thu 11-Aug-11 09:23:53

Your MIL bought your unborn child a name plaque before you'd decided on a name??

Apart from that being madness, it's a daft reason to keep a silly spelling of a lovely name.

I think Mary is the best middle name there is smile

ZZZenAgain Thu 11-Aug-11 09:28:09

are you trying to decide between Julie or Josephine or still totally undecided on a middle name? If it is between the two, I think Josephine goes better than Julie with Abbygail.

NoHunIntended Thu 11-Aug-11 10:25:45

Alice!

And PLEEEEEEEEASE spell it Abigail!

Mum2be79 Thu 11-Aug-11 10:36:41

Ditto. Abigail. She'll have problems at school, giving details over the phone etc, etc as everyone knows it as 'Abigail'. Never heard of a door plaque being spelt 'Abbygail'. I know it's unique but you've got to think about how the child will live with that spelling.
I had a Conna and a Conner in my class. Nightmare trying to remember different spellings!

scarlettlips Thu 11-Aug-11 10:52:55

Hi Valiant1 How do you wish to spell your daughters name?? Your MIL has had her chance naming children it is up to you and DH. Stuff the name plaque!

Please spell it Abigail otherwise your DD will send her whole life spelling her name.

Middle Names:

Josephine - IMO sounds lovely.

what about Julia
Grace
Mary
Olivia
Jessica
Sophie or Sophia
Emily
Nancy

GwendolineMaryLacey Thu 11-Aug-11 10:58:36

In fact... <adds Abigail to list>

diddl Thu 11-Aug-11 11:01:23

I also prefer Abigail & if she´s not yet registered I would go with that tbh-it´s not up to MIL to decide how to wrongly spell your child´s name.

I think that Josephine is lovely as a mn.

mathanxiety Thu 11-Aug-11 17:27:14

Really, put the plaque on the inside of the door where it won't be seen, or put it away in the attic, and spell her name Abigail.

Josephine is a lovely mn.

pilates Thu 11-Aug-11 18:06:27

Please spell her name Abigail, the other spelling is dreadful.

Abigail Louisa
Abigail Kate
Abigail Jane
Abigail Clara
Abigail Constance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now