Talk

Advanced search

Is it normal not to be sure about names?

(9 Posts)
Newmummytobe79 Tue 02-Aug-11 11:12:06

I'm 35+6 and am starting to wobble on the names DH and I have picked. We don't want to share them with anyone as we found it so tough we couldn't face any negative comments and want to announce baby's birth with sex, weight and name ... but I'm starting to wobble. It's not that I can think of any better names, it's just that I'm not sure I like any at the moment! Is this just a hormonal moment!?! Please tell me it is! smile

MrsCLH Tue 02-Aug-11 11:25:57

You sound just like me. We've had one boy's name and one girls' name from really on, and it was hard to pick those! But now we've just gone off the boys name completely, just don't love it as much as the girl's name. But cannot think of a single other boys name that we do love as much! I'm 32 weeks today x

MrsCLH Tue 02-Aug-11 11:26:26

that should have said from really early on!

MrsCLH Tue 02-Aug-11 11:27:10

And we haven't told a soul either and really don't want to!

Newmummytobe79 Tue 02-Aug-11 11:36:15

same here with the boys name! Although I'm hoping baby will just look like the names we've chosen and all will be ok ... we'll see!

We havn't told a soul either which caused no end of mither in the begining! Family have even started a sweep stake! They're all going to be so upset when we reveal normal names and don't call baby tree or river! wink

InstantAtom Tue 02-Aug-11 12:40:57

Yes it's completely normal, and yes it's just a hormonal time! I'm sure the names you've chosen will be perfect for your baby smile

posterofagirl Tue 02-Aug-11 12:48:21

I was always going to call my daughter Cadence Marie but when I was pregnant she just didn't feel like that would suite her. She's now Maddison Ane and it suits her down to the ground. Sometimes you need to meet baby first or get a feel for it by talking to your bump?

pinkgirlythoughts Tue 02-Aug-11 13:45:31

I was exactly the same, especially with boys' names! There just wasn't a single name that I really, truly, loved, and I felt that picking a name I just liked wasn't good enough. We ended up going for the reverse of the first name we ever discussed, early on in the pregnancy!

ellangirl Tue 02-Aug-11 14:01:44

The first few days it felt really odd calling our DS the name we had chosen, even though we loved it. Now of course he couldn't be anything else. I think whatever name you choose it takes a little while for it to sink in that you've chosen it for them, and that will be their name forever- feels like a big responsibility!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now