Talk

Advanced search

Help needed with the impossible please...

(5 Posts)
josieangel Mon 01-Aug-11 11:44:29

Hi, I am currently pregnant with my first baby, due September and don't know if it is a boy or girl.
We have first names for each more or less decided, but I am struggling with middle names. I would love to honour my grandad in this way,however his name is Don (short for Donald obviously!). Not hugely keen on Donald/donna as middle names- can anyone come up with ANYTHING else that would incorporate his name?!!
Thank you!

InstantAtom Mon 01-Aug-11 12:22:07

I like Donald! Donnell is a variant of Donald, if you prefer that. Or does your grandad have a middle name you could use?

You could use other names which happen to contain "don". However then you're not really using the name Donald. It depends whether you want a name which comes from the same origin as Donald or just sounds a bit like it.

The feminine form of Donald is Donalda. Variants are Dona, Donaldette, Donaldina, Donaline, Donelda, Donetta, Donia and Donita!

Donna is a separate name with a different origin.

nickelbabe Mon 01-Aug-11 12:34:36

my surname is Don.
so you could use andrea as a middle name for a girl, cos that's my first name wink

sorry, being serious now.... grin

with prefix don for girls
ending in don for boys

nickelbabe Mon 01-Aug-11 12:44:25

beginning with don for boys
ending in don for girls

MammaInTheMaking Mon 01-Aug-11 14:46:10

Brandon
Madonna

I'm stuck at those 2!

Maybe have Donna or Donald and another middle name that you really do like?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now