Talk

Advanced search

Oh I need some inspiration for boys names please

(12 Posts)
ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Sun 31-Jul-11 12:08:47

DC2 is a boy (we have a girls name just in case!) and is due 1st October. We have no names. Nothing I like DH likes and vice versa. If I look at baby name lists nothing screams out to me. I just don't like anything I see.

I would at least like to have a few front runners before he is born but I just can't seem to find any.

We have a bit of a strange surname too which kind of makes it difficult to find a name that matches well.

DD is called Ellie so also would like something that would go well with that. So not Oliver. Ellie and Ollie is too much of a mouthful when calling them for dinner!

I like Oliver as a name but I don't really like nicknames and I just know eveyone would call him Ollie.

There has to be The Name out there somewhere surely?

TIA smile

greenzebra Sun 31-Jul-11 13:11:35

Oliver is pretty traditional so mabe a traditional name is best.

Maybe something that cant be shortened would be better or something that doesnt have an associated nn.

Theo
Felix
Owen
Ryan
Leo
Luke
Adam

LisMcA Sun 31-Jul-11 13:24:34

Ellie I know has a brother Euan.

Also Thomas
Samuel
Daniel
Nicholas
Michael
Lewis
Sebastian
Paul
Mark
Jensen (can you tell I'm watching F1 grin)

Names we had on list for DS (13 weeks)
Ruairidh
Struan
Blair
Fraser
We went for Blair Thomas, we are Scottish though!

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Sun 31-Jul-11 13:26:24

I don't dislike those names, I just don't love them IYKWIM. I can't picture calling my baby them. Which is the issue with any name I see. And the biggest problem is finding something DH and I agree on.

I like:

Jacob
Daniel
Samuel

He likes:

Ethan
Tommy hmm

And that's all we have come up with.

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Sun 31-Jul-11 13:28:24

Xposts Lis

I do like Thomas but it is the name of one of my brothers so kind of feel I can't use that.

LisMcA Sun 31-Jul-11 13:35:22

I like Ethan, but I'm guessing you're not so keen.

You seem to like biblical names maybe you'll find some inspiration here?

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Sun 31-Jul-11 13:43:56

That's the thing though. I did like Ethan and spent weeks bullying talking DH into it so now he likes it and I've completely gone off it!

LisMcA Sun 31-Jul-11 13:50:24

I did this, we spoke about Blair, and I dismissed it as we know someone who knows someone with a DS Blair. Then I liked it again , then on the way to theatre for my CS had a panic, but as soon as he was born he was a Blair!

Can I suggest you don't even think about it for a few weeks. DH banned me for baby name websites, books and from talking about names as I was going a bit doolally with it all. You've still got a while, don't stress out. grin

rainbowtoenails Sun 31-Jul-11 14:10:36

Having dcs with the same initial can be a hassle.

Also try to avoid names which have nns with an 'e' sound ending like ellie.

That just leaves jacob

supergreenuk Sun 31-Jul-11 14:29:12

We are having a boy and also due in october. You can have a look at my short list minus the name we have chosen.
Carter
Simeon 
Quinn
Jarvis 
Caleb 
Oren
Seth
Jasper

Reesie Sun 31-Jul-11 22:25:28

I have 2 dd's and found loads of names I loved. Now pregnant 29 weeks with a little boy and am having trouble trying to find one name I really like.

My shortlist is -
Harri
Seth
Ned
Gryff

None of the really grab me though....

mskatemc Sun 31-Jul-11 23:04:45

Dylan
Noah
Nicholas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now