Talk

Advanced search

Shortlist for girls and boys names - I'd lve some feedback, please!

(9 Posts)
tiredchocoholic Sun 31-Jul-11 06:45:49

Hi, we are expecting Dc3 and struggling to find names we both like. Our daughter is Ella and our son's name is Seth. Our shortlists for DC3 are as follows, I'd really appreciate your feedback, and any ideas for alternatives we could consider:

BOYS
Arthur (family name, but we love it too!)
Sidney (ditto)
Then we get stuck...!

GIRLS
Lydia
Annie
Iris

Many thanks x

tummytickler Sun 31-Jul-11 06:56:48

Not keen on any of your boys names I am afraid.
But I love all your girls names. I have a 10 year old dd called Iris, so I love that, Lydia was on our list for her too, and would still consider it, I really love Lydia.
Annie is fab too, I like it as a nn for Anne, but I do not like the other Ann names (Anna, Annabel).
I could not choose between them tbh.

Sirzy Sun 31-Jul-11 06:58:21

Love both your boys names, Annie is my favourite of your girls names

InstantAtom Sun 31-Jul-11 09:04:28

I like Sidney, Lydia and Annie smile

lockets Sun 31-Jul-11 09:14:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rednblack Sun 31-Jul-11 10:34:24

Lydia is nice. Goes well with your other children's names too, in my opinion.

Prefer Arthur to Sidney. Quite like Arthur (was on our list too).

pinkgirlythoughts Sun 31-Jul-11 16:51:39

I'd get rid of Sidney, just so that all of your children can have their 'own' initial (daft as that sounds!).
Out of your girl names, I think Ella, Seth and Iris sounds the best, although Lydia and Annie are both lovely too!

tiredchocoholic Sun 31-Jul-11 17:36:08

Thanks for all your feedback, everyone - really helpful....I will probably be seeking further advice on middle names, too! :0) x

mogandthecat Sun 31-Jul-11 20:55:19

I agree Ella, Seth and Iris sounds great - I love Iris, it was on my list for ds and will be for any future girls!

Out of your boys names I prefer Arthur - I think Sidney may be one of these boy names that is being used more now as a girl's name. Though Sid is quite a cool nickname.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now