Talk

Advanced search

Imminent arrival of ID twin boys & I can't think of any names, help!!

(56 Posts)
AnneMcAuley35 Wed 27-Jul-11 10:33:55

Inspiration is desparately needed if these boys aren't to be called Twin 1 and Twin 2 for the rest of their lives. They will have an older sister called Amelia. I can think of any number of girls' names but can't seem to come up with any boys' ones.

NickNacks Wed 27-Jul-11 10:36:48

Well at risk of giving you every boy's name under the sun, could you gie us an idea of the sort of names you do/do not like?

NickNacks Wed 27-Jul-11 10:36:59

give

Cattleprod Wed 27-Jul-11 10:39:11

What girls names do you like? That will give us an idea of your taste. And are there any boys names you think are ok, or don't hate?

Whatever you do, don't choose two names that rhyme, and preferably choose names that start with different letters - will make identifying post much easier!

randomimposter Wed 27-Jul-11 10:39:17

How lovely
Jerome and Gregory
William and George
Benedict and Malachy
Jude and Finn

would be my faves depending on your style? Prob 1 or 3 work best with Amelia (unless she's a Milly, then 4 works too).

Good luck smile envy.

InstantAtom Wed 27-Jul-11 10:46:43

James and Samuel
Isaac and Henry
Nathaniel and Gregory
Edward and Richard
Freddie and Charlie

AnneMcAuley35 Wed 27-Jul-11 11:03:47

Thank you very much.

Of those names I like William best. The other names are absolutley fine but dont really appeal to me, sorry! I quite like Freddie now that I think of it - its not considered very posh is it?

Girls' names I like are Sophia, Arabella, Diana; all quite girly! Maybe thats why I'm having a problem finding a boys name - as names I like the sound of are quite feminine and that would be very unfair on boys!

I like Aubrey but that would result in major bullying at school I imagine. Quite like Harry. Maybe Theo, or is that too unusual?

allhailtheaubergine Wed 27-Jul-11 11:08:47

Names I think are along the same lines as William:

Robert - Rob / Robbie
James - Jamie
Joseph - Joe / Joey
Wilfred - Wilf / Freddie
Alfred - Alfie
Charles - Charlie
Frederick - Freddie
Edward - Ned / Ted / Eddie / Ed
Henry
Harry
Peter
Samuel - Sam

allhailtheaubergine Wed 27-Jul-11 11:09:51

My (imaginary) twin boys are going to be called Gilbert and Oscar

InstantAtom Wed 27-Jul-11 11:10:21

Theo is very nice smile I would use Theodore as full name.

I'm guessing you like some of the trendier names rather than the very traditional favourites.

How about Alfie, Noah, Elliot, Ryan, Jacob (Jake), Nathan, Finley, Reuben, Jack, Oliver, Lewis, Benjamin, Aaron, Ethan, Leo, Rhys, Joel, Zachary?

Any of those on the right lines?

IvyAndGold Wed 27-Jul-11 11:10:23

Gabriel, Sebastian, Edward, Toby, Henry, Patrick, Adam, Oscar, Alexander, Thomas, Caleb...

AnneMcAuley35 Wed 27-Jul-11 11:13:24

Thanks. I like William and Harry but have just realised that is the same as the royal family so that's out! Freddie and Charlie are beginning to grow on me.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Wed 27-Jul-11 11:14:15

William and Edward
Freddie and Alfie
Harry and Charlie

EllenJaneisnotmyname Wed 27-Jul-11 11:16:28

Oops, crossed.

Freddie and Charlie are lovely, two cheeky boys or teenagers. Could be Charles and Frederick if they wanted when older.

AnneMcAuley35 Wed 27-Jul-11 11:18:15

Thanks for those last posts. I like Elliot, Toby, Edward and possibly Oscar. Oliver and Alexander are nice too.

AnneMcAuley35 Wed 27-Jul-11 11:24:39

I think my favourites are William, Charlie, Freddie, Harry, Theo and Toby. Does anyone think Freddie is a bit too posh? Also like Edward and William combination but I don't like Eddie as a nickname.

That's one of the problems with boys names - some of the names I like I'd be afraid to use in case they end up with the abbreviation in school!

BehindLockNumberNine Wed 27-Jul-11 11:30:30

William and Oliver

BulletWithAName Wed 27-Jul-11 11:30:47

Teddy is a lovely nickname for Edward was an alternative to Eddie.

BulletWithAName Wed 27-Jul-11 11:31:00

*as an alternative that should read!

HoneyDuke Wed 27-Jul-11 11:32:30

Charlie and Harvey?

AnneMcAuley35 Wed 27-Jul-11 11:33:51

William and Oliver go well together thanks, I need to think of whther I can live with Olly! smile

EllenJaneisnotmyname Wed 27-Jul-11 11:37:18

Ah, even though I suggested it I've just realised that William and Edward will probably be called 'Bill and Ted' forever more. Sorry!

AnneMcAuley35 Wed 27-Jul-11 11:37:27

Teddy is really lovely and appeals to me but would it result in bullying at a boys' school? Because its too cute?

I can't have Harvey as one of the family dogs has that name!

Quenelle Wed 27-Jul-11 11:37:43

I like Theo and Oscar best.

I don't think Freddie is posh. It's quite popular these days.

You can't do much to prevent a nickname, my parents chose names for me and my two siblings that couldn't be shortened and they all have been. Mine was shortened to my initial (H).

Quenelle Wed 27-Jul-11 11:38:15

Oh and congratulations and how exciting to have ID twin boys grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now