lovinme Tue 26-Jul-11 12:13:06

could you please tell which name you prefer

Gabriella
Isabella
sophia

Elijah
Isaac

MEBMotherof3 Tue 26-Jul-11 13:10:19

Love Sophia but then I am biased because I've just had one! BUT there are a lot around at the moment (3 in one baby group of 9 babies!!!) and a lot of Isobels too ( but not so many Isobellas). That said everyone always says what a beautiful name Sophia is. We also considered Gabrielle but mainly because I liked the nn Gaby, not many of them around either. I'm not being very helpful am I?!!

MEBMotherof3 Tue 26-Jul-11 13:11:13

Love both boys names, probably marginally prefer elijah

WaitingForBabyD Tue 26-Jul-11 13:11:56

I prefer Gabirella for a girl (also has the option of Ella as a nn if you like that?) and Elijah for a boy. No particular reasons, just personal preference!

mich54321 Tue 26-Jul-11 13:15:25

Love all names, in order of preference

Sophia
Isabella
Gabriella

Isaac
Elijah

wigglesrock Tue 26-Jul-11 13:32:23

I have a Sofia (now 6), my dh agrued for Gabriella grin. I like Elijah but if it bothers you I was at a park last week and there were 3 Elijahs all around 2.5 years.

iWILLdothis Tue 26-Jul-11 13:34:42

Like Sophia (love Sophie even more!)
Sorry, don't like either of those boys' names.

MummySunshine Tue 26-Jul-11 16:02:30

Love all your names, Sophia's my favourite out of the girls names (I'm a Sophie..growing up I always wished I was a Sophia!)

Love both boys names, Isaac is one of my top choices if LO is a boy, and Elijah would have been but my friend just had one!

InstantAtom Tue 26-Jul-11 16:18:30

Gabriella - OK
Isabella - nice though very popular
sophia - like

Elijah - like
Isaac - OK

pilates Tue 26-Jul-11 17:06:56

Sophia - lovely
Elijah and Isaac like about the same

MollyMurphy Tue 26-Jul-11 17:11:37

I like all of the names you've listed. Sophia while lovely though is SO popular where I live at the moment. I haven't met a Gabriella in a while and Gabbie is a cute nn - that would be my choice.

For a boy I'd go with Elijah I think but Isaac is nice too.

InstantAtom Tue 26-Jul-11 17:13:02

I think Gabby is a harsh and unattractive nickname. "Gab" means to talk" and "gabby" means over-talkative.

proudfoot Tue 26-Jul-11 18:40:40

Sophia and Isaac

I actually prefer Sofia with an F and that is less popular too, but I suppose people would automatically write PH.

wigglesrock Tue 26-Jul-11 18:43:32

Mine is a Sofia and to be honest most people spell it right, although there was an issue just after she was born about how to pronounce it but that was just my Mum being her usual awkward self grin

lovinme Tue 26-Jul-11 20:05:47

thank you for answering my first ever thread didn't think anyone would! I'm only about 5wks pregnant so very early days and I just wanted some opinions on my favourite names so thanks!

Oopsie Wed 27-Jul-11 19:16:54

Gabriella is a beautiful name. I have personally always thought it worked best on someone dark-haired which is why I've not been tempted by it myself, although Lady Gabriella Windsor is fair and carries it off well.

birdofthenorth Wed 27-Jul-11 23:21:12

Gabriella, gorgeous

Elijah, fab!

EdithWeston Wed 27-Jul-11 23:25:55

I love all your girls names, and would go for Gabriella (as every other child round here seems to be a Sophia or Sophie, and there are quite a few Isabellas too).

I'm not so keen on the boys names though (sorry).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now