Charlotte
Emma
Erin
Heather

supadupapupascupa Sun 24-Jul-11 13:29:39

I ought to add we have a DS called Thomas

Surname starts with W with 2 syllables

supadupapupascupa Sun 24-Jul-11 13:30:26

Oh, and the middle name for a girl would be May, and I would like either Miles or Anthony as a middle for a boy

fannybanjo Sun 24-Jul-11 13:30:27

All of them are nice names but very used - so as long as you don't mind that then any of them would be lovely. Heather not quite as common, nor is Miles.

controlleddemolition Sun 24-Jul-11 13:30:55

Joseph Joseph Joseph Joseph!

My boys name but not used it yet sad

fannybanjo Sun 24-Jul-11 13:31:38

Charlotte May W........
Miles Anthony W........

My favourites out of them!

supadupapupascupa Sun 24-Jul-11 13:31:58

hi, i'm not looking for unusual, we quite like traditional I guess. Heather is lovely isn't it? Miles is a family surname

ShowOfHands Sun 24-Jul-11 13:32:56

They're all normal, well used, okay names.

None of them are going to set the world on fire. They're just, well, okay.

Nowt obviously wrong with any of them so I'd just go for whichever you like. Though Heather is at least a bit different.

I think we just have different tastes tbh, but even if I wouldn't use them, I can't find a thing wrong with them iyswim. So that's positive. grin

fannybanjo Sun 24-Jul-11 13:33:37

Heather May W........ Again it's lovely.

Any other girls names?

scarlettsmummy2 Sun 24-Jul-11 13:34:31

I like them all, and would use any of them. On the downside if you want something a bit more unusual then you would need to think of something else.

Not so fussed on May as a middle name as there are so many x may at the moment!
Dislike Anthony too, but I am northern Irish and I keep hearing it in a thick Belfast accent!

muminthemiddle Sun 24-Jul-11 13:34:43

Boys
Adam - ok a bit plain but a good name if you like that sort of thing.
Archie - Will date quite quickly.
Benjamin - Timeless and classic but very popular.
Charlie - again very popular.
Jamie - ok, prefer James
Joseph - A great choice. He can use Joe if he prefers timeless, solid and classic.
Matthew - strong traditional name, again timeless.
Miles - I like Miles.

Girls
Charlotte - Great name, reminds me of charlotte Bronte, elegant and timeless.
Emma - Great name would suit a child or adult.
Erin - I don't like this as much as Emma or Charlotte.
Heather - Only ok if you like flower names.

fannybanjo Sun 24-Jul-11 13:35:17

You can't go wrong with traditional in my opinion. There's a reason why names get popular and it's usually because they're the best of the few decent names we can realistically use without looking like nutters!

ShowOfHands Sun 24-Jul-11 13:35:40

By different or unusual btw, I don't mean weird or unused names. I just avoid names that have quite a good chance of there being a few in the class. Emma B, Emma G and Emma Glasses for example (my niece's class). It's just all a bit samey.

I've said it before on here but it's like stripped wooden floors, off white walls and a bit of nice art on the walls. It looks good sure, popular for a reason, not particularly offensive but dear God it's becoming dull.

supadupapupascupa Sun 24-Jul-11 13:35:46

I have loads of girls names but this is the list that DH has agreed to. I like freya and bryony and lauren. I think our fav is charlotte at the moment shortened to either lottie or charlie.

It's the boys i'm struggling with, i used my favourite on DS1! smile

fannybanjo Sun 24-Jul-11 13:37:20

I do love Charlotte. So many nn for it too.

supadupapupascupa Sun 24-Jul-11 13:37:48

scarlettsmummy2 May, Anthony and Miles are all family names and would be very sentimental... not the best i agree but the best of a bad bunch grin

supadupapupascupa Sun 24-Jul-11 13:38:27

Is Miles a bit pretentious though? That's what is worrying us a little bit.....

supadupapupascupa Sun 24-Jul-11 13:38:53

battery running out....will be back!!!!!!

fannybanjo Sun 24-Jul-11 13:41:00

I have Grace (DD1) - in 2002 it was around number 25 in the Top 100. It bloody shot up to number 1 when she was 5 and I cursed but never regretted using it as it's a timeless name. However I did go for less popular names with DDs 2 and DD3 and woe and behold Dd3's name (Esme) I'm hearing more and more...hmm.

MilkNoSugarPlease Sun 24-Jul-11 13:41:22

Emma!

It's classic, suits babies, children and adults, it's not that common anymore

Oh, and it's my name! Therefore, utterly perfect grin

PaperBank Sun 24-Jul-11 14:43:07

Adam - OK
Archie - a bit overdone now, old man nickname fad
Benjamin - OK
Charlie - like but would have Charles on BC
Jamie - like with James on BC
Joseph - like
Matthew - OK
Miles - like

Charlotte - like
Emma - like
Erin - dislike
Heather - OK

BulletWithAName Sun 24-Jul-11 15:08:30

Love Miles, but prefer it spelt Myles. Probably because that's how my favourite singer spells it blush

pilates Sun 24-Jul-11 15:31:46

I like all your names except Miles and Heather, but as it's a family name I would use Miles as a middle name so I think I would choose Joseph Miles and Charlotte May, not sure if May is a family name too. Also like Charlotte Jane, Charlotte Louisa and Charlotte Alice.

I like Adam best from the boys' list and Heather from the girls' but I like Emma and Charlotte too. Don't like Archie, Jamie or Charlie.

superjobee Sun 24-Jul-11 15:38:16

adam and erin smile i love erin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now