Talk

Advanced search

Lottie on the BC

(7 Posts)
pommedechocolat Thu 21-Jul-11 20:28:42

DH adores the name Lottie. I like it too but as a nn for Charlotte. Do you think that Lottie can be a name on its own or should it be used as a nn with Charlotte on the bc?

MelinaM Thu 21-Jul-11 20:33:45

Definitely Charlotte nn Lottiesmile

How about Carlota / Carlotta instead of Charlotte?

StarryEyedMama Thu 21-Jul-11 20:37:01

If DS was a girl we were going to call her Lottie - it's such a lovely name. DP originally wanted Scarlet with the nn Lottie but I wasn't keen on her actual name being shortened to Scar!

Galena Thu 21-Jul-11 21:42:04

My friend has called her DD Lottie. I'd personally use Charlotte on the BC, and call her Lottie, but it's fine to use Lottie as a name in its own right.

pommedechocolat Thu 21-Jul-11 21:45:22

Thanks everyone I like Charlotte and think having it on the bc will give lottie/Charlotte more options over their name later in life. Dh thinks we could just use lottie but I think will be persuaded quite easily!

PaperBank Thu 21-Jul-11 22:20:12

I'd go for Charlotte on the birth certificate. If you put Lottie on the BC then you couldn't really lengthen it to Charlotte as nicknames normally work the other way round.

TimeWasting Thu 21-Jul-11 22:32:58

I would always go with using the full name on the birth certificate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now