Talk

Advanced search

Should we just forget it ......

(12 Posts)
MrsRupertBear Tue 19-Jul-11 22:16:46

I am just after your opinions on future girls names. Both me and my partner love flower/nature names but are not sure that we could ever use one of them, with our surname being 'Vine'. Would you say it is a non starter....or am I over thinking things. Thankyou smile

We like:

Rose Vines
Daisy Vines
Iris Vines
Willow Vines

posterofagirl Tue 19-Jul-11 22:18:17

Willow and daisy are lovely with Vines smile

birdofthenorth Wed 20-Jul-11 01:02:32

They do sound a bit silly with Vines. I'm sorry. Willow less so than Rose just because Willow trees do not have vines!!

Noleen Wed 20-Jul-11 10:57:16

I think it's a nice idea. Daisy is nice. Believe me, I've been looking for a name for my baby for 5 weeks now and you can find something wrong with everything so I wouldn't worry about that. Good luck :-)

minipie Wed 20-Jul-11 11:31:47

Daisy Vines works well, not sure about the others.

How about these - they're nature names but maybe more subtley nature based?

Hazel Vines
Robyn Vines
Jessamyn Vines
Bryony Vines
Delphine Vines
Jonquil Vines

ShoutyHamster Wed 20-Jul-11 11:37:57

No, forget it! Really. It just seems to me that none of them really work very well.

It's not that they sound like the plant itself, I just think you need a less whimsical name to go with Vines and one that is NOT plant based at all. Willow Vines sounds like a B&B grin

Sophie Vines
Cassandra Vines
Catherine Vines
Beatrice Vines

MrsRupertBear Wed 20-Jul-11 17:30:08

Thankyou so much for all your opinions. I agree with you all that out of the names, Daisy works best but I do have my reservations with the whole name being plant themed! It is so frustrating though because there is a good chance her surname could obviously change in the future. Mmmmm

MsChanandlerBong Wed 20-Jul-11 18:00:34

Do you mean a change of surname when she gets married? If so, I wouldn't choose a name on the basis of the surname changing later on... that would mean she would have to wait approx 30 years to change her name (which I think is the average people get married!). Or what if she doesn't get married, or doesn't want to take her husbands name?

FWIW I like Delphine Vines (as suggested above) or what about Heather Vines?

Journey Wed 20-Jul-11 18:41:28

Agree with ShoutyHamster.

MrsRupertBear Wed 20-Jul-11 19:38:28

Yes that is what I meant. I agree with what you are saying about having to live with it for 30 years or so, or the fact that she may not even choose to even get married. That is what I meant when I wrote 'could' and not 'would' get married. I think I am just a little sad that my surname is causing us a few issues but I know I am not the only one with this problem. I really like the suggestion of Heather though smile.

PotterWatch Wed 20-Jul-11 19:45:57

Interesting sirname! It was my maidan name, their aren't that many of us around

Rhubarbgarden Wed 20-Jul-11 19:56:25

I think you could get away with it if you are careful and don't go for anything overly twee. Some of the above suggestions are good, or how about:

Erica (Latin name for heather)
Robinia
Rosemary
Linnet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now