Talk

Advanced search

Primrose

(22 Posts)
SmilingKiwi Tue 19-Jul-11 20:25:11

This is baby number three, (boy and girl already) not thought of boy's options yet but Primrose (middle name Miriam) has come up...actually first as a bit of a wind up but now we keep being drawn back to it ;-)
Thoughts???

Bandwithering Tue 19-Jul-11 20:25:57

Miriam is lovely.

if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all

everlong Tue 19-Jul-11 21:04:24

It's gorgeous. I love Miriam too. Not sure I would put them together though.

PeopleCallMeTricky Tue 19-Jul-11 21:06:01

Shipman was my first thought, but presumably that particular Primrose will be long forgotten by the time your baby is at school.

everlong Tue 19-Jul-11 21:08:15

Yes I thought Shipman too, but saw the post infront of me about if you can't say anything nice don't say anything so thought I'd keep quiet grin

reastie Tue 19-Jul-11 21:18:43

don't listen to the shipman comments - i love primrose. It was one of my finalists then posted it on mn and it got slated and put me off sad Don't listen to the negative comments! I still love it.

pinkgirlythoughts Tue 19-Jul-11 21:22:01

I know a Primrose (sister to Daisy hmm), and thought it was a bit silly at first, but it really grew on me, and it really suits her, too.

PeopleCallMeTricky Tue 19-Jul-11 21:22:12

How refreshing, people being nice on a baby name thread grin

emmanumber3 Tue 19-Jul-11 21:27:08

I did think Shipman - but to be honest, I think people only remember her because it is such an unusual name. When somebody says Rose everyone doesn't immediately comment "West" do they? I'm pretty sure by the time your LO starts school Primrose Shipman will be well & truly forgotten and, at the very least, the other kids will never have heard of her.

I like the name personally - I'm a fan of girly flower names grin.

SmilingKiwi Tue 19-Jul-11 21:34:15

Ohhhh no! Just looked up Shipman!! In NZ and was completely unaware of that Primrose!!

PeopleCallMeTricky Tue 19-Jul-11 21:35:36

blush

SmilingKiwi Tue 19-Jul-11 21:53:49

Aside from that, (or is it too much association for people?) it is nice to hear a few of you do like the name...but as you know; finding a girls name means it'll be a boy...we have a couple of months to think of that at least wink
Thanks for your responses too!!

everlong Tue 19-Jul-11 22:03:08

If you are in NZ I would say it's not an issue really.

It's a lovely name and I think you should use it smile

PaperBank Tue 19-Jul-11 22:23:55

How about Miriam as first name?

Hedwig3 Wed 20-Jul-11 11:05:54

Miriam Primrose is really lovely.

Pippaandpolly Wed 20-Jul-11 11:09:42

I've taught a Primrose and she was lovely so I think of her not Shipman! (With the same logic, I will never like 'Emily' angry due to someone I was at school with.) I think Primrose is quite common in some African Christian communities-I've met a couple. Usually shortened to Prim, which is also nice I think, though might lead to a bit of teasing.

minipie Wed 20-Jul-11 11:16:50

I didn't think Shipman, but I much prefer Miriam to Primrose as a name. I think it's the "Prim" that puts me off (also it's just a bit cutesy for me).

How about Miriam Primrose - would be lovely.

pilates Wed 20-Jul-11 13:05:16

Not sure they sound good together, how about

Primrose Louisa
Primrose Jane
Primrose Clarice
Primrose Anna

I didn't think of Shipman BTW

SamsGoldilocks Wed 20-Jul-11 13:06:35

I prefer Miriam myself - Primrose is a bit prim for me

Rhubarbgarden Wed 20-Jul-11 20:24:39

I love Primrose.

lalabaloo Wed 20-Jul-11 20:35:08

I love the name Primrose, and if you aren't keen on Prim for a nn you can always go for Rosie

TrinaLuciusMalfoy Wed 20-Jul-11 23:07:05

I love Miriam (on our list), but my first ever ever boss was a Primrose and she HATED it. I like it, but having known someone who'd had to live with it (and regularly got called 'Er, Bluebell, Pansy, Foxglove - what's your name again?') I'd advise against >>not really very helpful emoticon<<

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now