Talk

Advanced search

Callum of Jacob

(11 Posts)
Noleen Sun 17-Jul-11 10:43:15

I know I know, I'm still trying to find the right name for my baby. Which one do you like best of these and do you know which one is more popular here at the moment.

CandiceMariePratt Sun 17-Jul-11 10:48:38

They are both popular, I prefer Jacob to Callum.

HoneyDuke Sun 17-Jul-11 10:55:21

I like both.

PaperBank Sun 17-Jul-11 12:45:55

Jacob

AberdeenAngusina Sun 17-Jul-11 16:58:28

Where do you live? Callum was very popular here (north Scotland) a few years ago, both my DCs had more than one Callum in their classes, whereas Jacob was / is more unusual. (One of the Callums in DC2's class was a PITA lively child known as Bad Callum to distinguish him from the other Callums. )

Haven't heard of any new Callums recently. Perhaps Bad Callum's reputation has spread.

Noleen Sun 17-Jul-11 19:20:40

We're in the south east of England buy I have Scottish parents and family which is why I thought Callum would be nice but the more I say it, my Hubby doesn't like it so now we're between Ethan, Caleb and Jacob. My favourite is Caleb (but is very similar to Kaiden his brother?) and Jacob.

MyBloodyChamber Sun 17-Jul-11 19:24:25

Jacob is lovely (can you really stick Jake though?)

Callum is <whispers> common, my nephew is Callum.

Caleb is wonderful grin

Noleen Sun 17-Jul-11 21:12:27

thanks, but do you think it's way to similar to Kaiden? which is pronounced Caden?

pilates Mon 18-Jul-11 17:50:02

Much prefer Jacob, do not like Callum at all.

PotatoWaffle Mon 18-Jul-11 18:06:12

jacob. Jake is lovely name. Callum seems a bit modern and popular with younger mums. Not a bad thing but I think it will date more.

going Mon 18-Jul-11 18:07:14

Jacob is far nicer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now