Talk

Advanced search

Caleb or Jacob/Jake or Liam?

(14 Posts)
Noleen Sat 16-Jul-11 11:12:31

His brother's name is Kaiden.

BibiBelle Sat 16-Jul-11 12:22:43

not sure about Kaiden and Caleb - too similar
Jake isn't a favourite of mine as up here in Scotland a Jakey is a wee Chav - also reminds me of Jake the peg with the extra leg

Jacob and Liam much nicer

what about Jonah or Leon too?

Noleen Sat 16-Jul-11 12:56:34

Thanks, I forgot about that (we use to live in Scotland). Ok, if I cross out Caleb which I think I have to do unfortunately as they are so similar.
I've got the following that my husband and I both like but aren't sure.

Maddox
Jacob
Liam
Ethan (which I'm concerned might be very popular?)

jenniec79 Sat 16-Jul-11 13:06:05

Like Ethan best out of your list, Liam and Jacob are ok but not my brew. Really don't like Maddox (too surnamy) or Caleb (especially with a Kaiden)

Stars22 Sat 16-Jul-11 13:58:10

We have a Kayden in the family and i agree what others have said Caleb is too similar. I think Jake and Ethan are nice. If you wanted something that wasnt as popular I would go for Liam, i dont no any little Liams.

lovemylittlefamily Sat 16-Jul-11 15:45:09

I like Ethan and Jacob

PaperBank Sat 16-Jul-11 16:04:37

Jacob, definitely smile

Noleen Sat 16-Jul-11 17:04:48

do you not think that Jacob might get really popular due to the movie Twilight?

Ihavewelliesbuttheyrenotgreen Sat 16-Jul-11 17:14:49

Jacob is the nicest imo. Jake is nice as a nn but needs a longer name I think. Caleb is too close to Caden. Liam is nice but too nickname like imo. Maddox goes the best with Kaiden but I'm not sure if its too out there. I think Ethan is also quite similar to Kaiden and quite popular.

Ihavewelliesbuttheyrenotgreen Sat 16-Jul-11 17:19:02

Not sure if Jacob will become more popular due to the twilight series. I think that its a classic name thats always been reasonably popular but not overly popular iyswim

mathanxiety Sat 16-Jul-11 17:41:35

Jacob is already really, really popular and has been even before the whole Twilight thing. Ethan is becoming very popular. I don't like Maddox tbh.

I would pick Liam.

Noleen Sat 16-Jul-11 17:58:49

It's so hard to pick a name that is cool but not too out there and not too popular, haha. Think I'm just going round in circles.

Noleen Sat 16-Jul-11 18:00:43

confused

I wish I could just pick a family name but my husband and I don't like any of them.

PaperBank Sat 16-Jul-11 20:04:36

Agree with Ihavewellies about Jacob. It's a classic name so stands the test of time regardless of fashion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now