Talk

Advanced search

Inspire me - Boys names that you Love!

(26 Posts)
Noleen Fri 15-Jul-11 08:07:29

What boys names do you love, I am trying to name my 2nd boy and need inspiration! We have been calling my baby Maddex since he was born 4 weeks ago but my heart isn't in it. My 1st boy's name is Kaiden which I love. So at the moment I'm thinking of changing it to Maddox as recommended by many people on the forum (rather than Maddex) or Jacob / Jake, Ethan or Cassius but am also interested to know which boy names you love!

lockets Fri 15-Jul-11 08:17:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PaperBank Fri 15-Jul-11 08:22:51

I prefer Jacob/Jake, Ethan and Cassius to Maddex and Kaiden.

How about Dylan, Oliver, Elliot, Luke, Samuel, James, Max, Edward?

Meglet Fri 15-Jul-11 08:28:45

Bruno.

Out of your list I like Jake + Ethan best.

persephoneplum Fri 15-Jul-11 08:30:21

Jasper is a lovely alternative to Jacob/Jake.

mamalovebird Fri 15-Jul-11 08:31:13

My favourite names are: Fergus, William, Daniel, Zac, Samuel, Dexter and I've recently added Benedict after Benedict Cumberbatch who, imo, has one of the best names I've ever heard.

Out of your suggestions, I like Cassius, Jake and Ethan.

Aworryingtrend Fri 15-Jul-11 09:10:31

Jake/Jacob and Ethan much nicer than Maddox/ex.

IvyAndGold Fri 15-Jul-11 09:21:06

Jake/Jacob are nice, my friend has a little boy called Jacoby too.

My favourites are Angus, Niall, Caleb, Alexander, Leo, Patrick.

Noleen Fri 15-Jul-11 09:22:51

I love Caleb too but I think it's too similar (in the beginning) to my other boy's name which is Kaiden?

IvyAndGold Fri 15-Jul-11 09:26:38

hmm, maybe, the first sound is quite similar! but the ending sound is very different... it's all down to your preference in the end though! smile

razzlebathbone Fri 15-Jul-11 09:26:42

What about Conrad?

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 15-Jul-11 09:38:48

Or Duncan or Gavin or Adrian.

MelinaM Fri 15-Jul-11 09:39:45

Some of my favourites are:

Arthur
Atticus
Balthazar
Edward - Teddy
Sebastian

I'd avoid Maddox due to the Jolie-Pitt child, Cassius is my favourite but is it too similar to Kaiden? Not a fan of Jake it's been very popular for the last few years, Jacob is nice thoughsmile

How about Jacques instead of Jake? You could always use Dexter if you like the 'Dex' in Maddex?

Hope this helpssmile

Noleen Fri 15-Jul-11 11:40:17

I am loving Caleb, he just seems to look like a Caleb and it feels right but his brother is Kaiden, Do you really think they're not too similar, do you think it's even an issue to worry about or doesn't it really matter?

bigbluebump Fri 15-Jul-11 13:12:03

I love Quentin and Felix.

IvyAndGold Fri 15-Jul-11 13:14:42

If you love it and he looks like a Caleb then why not? To be honest I didn't even notice until you pointed it out, and they only sound a little similar out loud, they're completely different on paper.

Bugger what anyone else thinks, he's your lad! grin

ShoutyHamster Fri 15-Jul-11 15:04:01

Max instead of Maddox?

Caleb is good!

Cassius lovely. Kaiden and Cassius sound really nice together. Kai and Cass.

Noleen Fri 15-Jul-11 15:05:44

ahh thanks, I guess I'm just thinking if I'm shouting out for them they might say 'Oh, I thought you were calling Kaiden, not Caleb and vice versa!" haha. I'm sure they'll do that even if their names are completely different.

shoobidoo Fri 15-Jul-11 15:08:29

I think you're worrying too much about what others (we're just a random bunch of internetters smile) think - If you love Maddox, use it (but spell it properly) or if you prefer Caleb, again go for it.

Personally I think Maddox and Kaiden work better together than Caleb and Kaiden, because I think the latter two sound a little too similar.

PrisonerZero Fri 15-Jul-11 15:23:43

Córmac (My 4 week old is named Córmac)

littlemissw Fri 15-Jul-11 16:52:16

I like Maddox best out of your list. How about Marchall?

Aphria Fri 15-Jul-11 17:33:16

My two boys are Toby & Leo so i love those obviously! I like Ethan from your list. This baby would most likely have been Zac, Zach or Zack, couldn't decide on spelling, but turns out it's a girl anyway!

spanky2 Fri 15-Jul-11 17:37:43

I have Ethan and Milo. I like Reeve, Theo, Toby, Finlay and Leo.

Lonnie Fri 15-Jul-11 18:09:33

Conrad gets my thumbs up as I have a gorgeous one

if i was to have another and it was a boy

Otis I just love it

Noleen Fri 15-Jul-11 18:10:00

Those are all nice names, Toby, Leo, Ethan and Milo, very nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now